As part of a small, international and dedicated team, you will be part of the operations team that take care of the evaluation, monitoring and funding processes of a portfolio of R&D projects involving companies from across Europe and beyond.
We are looking for a proactive, self-driven and dynamic professional to join our operational team.
Eurostars is the largest international funding programme for SMEs wishing to collaborate on R&D projects that create innovative products, processes or services for commercialisation.
Duties and responsibilities
- Acting as a primary contact point for applicants, participants, experts, and the Eureka network to guide them through the evaluation, monitoring and funding process and ensure timely delivery of milestones and objectives;
- Supporting the monitoring process of assigned Eurostars projects: following up administrative activities on project management platforms; taking an active customer service role, dealing directly with the requests and questions of project participants as well as representatives from the different member countries;
- Preparing reports, documents and presentations for stakeholder meetings, including reports to be submitted to the European Commission or its agencies;
- Liaising with the IT, communication and financial units within the Eureka Secretariat to ensure that project cycle management and financial processes are delivered effectively and on time;
- Identifying potential problems and delays as soon as they arise, proposing potential solutions and implementing directed actions;
- Contributing to continuous analysis of programme processes, identifying areas for improvement, implementing changes;
- Performing in accordance with the organisation’s strategy of quality and risk management;
- Participating in and presenting Eureka’s programmes at external events;
- Advising and contributing across different activities of Eureka’s programmes and its projects, including monitoring, evaluation, financial and operational activities.
- Fluency in English, written and spoken;
- Fully conversant with Office 365, particularly Microsoft Excel;
- A positive, flexible and highly motivated team-player, with the ability to work independently and manage deadlines;
- An exceptional administrator, well organised and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Customer and service-oriented attitude;
- An ability to produce and present analysis of both qualitative and quantitative data;
- As a member of a multinational team: sensitivity to cultural differences.
Education and experience
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study such as business studies, international relations, European studies, political science, project management or economics;
- Preference for a higher level of education (master’s degree);
- Preferably at least one year of relevant professional experience.
Please be sure to indicate you saw this position on Globaljobs.org