Founded in 2017 and headquartered in Manassas, Virginia, Toomey Technologies is a SBA certified HUBZone, and Woman Owned Small Business experienced in Program Management and Solution Implementation support services. Our diverse and talented personnel provide structure to develop and execute strategies to maximize mission success. We apply in-depth industry knowledge, analytics expertise, and strategic acumen to design the right solution for our customers’ needs. Once the strategy is in place, we help communicate the changes and promote adoption among stakeholders.
The Language Access Senior Advisor will lead efforts to establish language access compliance policies and processes, including procurement, software and web development, content development and publication, and oversight of HHS websites and other digital properties.
- Review and provide feedback and guidance on Operating and Staff Divisions’ proposed language access policies, procedures, and activities.
- Centralize language access resources; promoting language access directives across the Department; improving awareness by staff of the Department’s telephonic language service, translation services, and other language services and contracts that may be used by all Operating and Staff Divisions
- Work with public-facing components to provide assistance in making programs more language accessible; and ensuring appropriate Department-wide consistency in the language access policy.
- Collaborate with Operating and Staff Divisions in developing and overseeing the creation of:
- a centralized unit for Operating and Staff Divisions to obtain interpreters or translations, including an inventory of internal resources such as existing translation and interpretation contracts.
- an intra-agency working group on language access, with representatives from Operating and Staff Divisions that most commonly interact with the public, to ensure a consistent approach to providing language assistance.
- an internal repository of commonly translated documents.
- a department-wide translation glossary of common legal terms in at least the top 15 languages spoken by LEP individuals.
- standard language assistance notices, flyers, and posters for use by Operating and Staff Divisions.
- template web pages or web standards to help HHS Operating and Staff Divisions post translated content for LEP communities.
- guidance on identifying documents for translation and targeting languages for translation.
- translations of the Department’s most common publicly accessed webpages into Spanish, and will consider translation into additional common languages of LEP individuals in the United States, in the relevant geographic region, or in the relevant subject matter audience; and
- guidance and technical assistance for Operating and Staff Divisions, as appropriate, on their ongoing language access needs.
- Establish partnerships with other language access coordinators throughout the federal government to assist in meeting language access goals and objectives
- Coordinate outreach regarding language access services and develop and deliver language access training to ensure staff receive appropriate role-based training.
- Coordinate and facilitate meetings of the Language Access Steering Committee (LASC); oversee deliverables from the LASC; field questions from LASC subcommittees; and support implementation and updating efforts regarding the HHS Language Access Plan and the language access plans of Operating and Staff Divisions.
- Provide guidance to technology providers, acquisition teams, communications and training groups, civil rights and language access officials, human resources staff, legal staff, and other Federal language access services contacts.
Education: Minimum educational experience is a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university with the focus on international relations, plus at least four years of relevant, specialized experience equivalent to the GS-15 level in the Federal Government.
Certifications in translations and interpretations preferable.
Combination of Education and Experience: A combination of education and experience may be used to qualify for this position. Experience must be equivalent to four years specialized experience equivalent to the GS-15 level in the Federal Government
Please be sure to indicate you saw this position on Globaljobs.org