The purpose of hiring the service of a Communications Support Officer (STTA) is to support the Activity team with a wide range of communications and advocacy related tasks by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing Activity related information and producing high-quality communications materials including but not limited to publications and policy briefs. The STTA will support the efforts of the team and ensure Activity achievements and success stories are timely and professionally communicated and disseminated to a wide range of stakeholders. He/she will support the Communication and Advocacy Manager in documenting activities and events, to inform the development of success stories, news stories, infographics and other communication materials that will highlight the Activity’s impact and evidence of change in the intervention sites. Overall, the Communications Support (STTA) will be assigned to support the preparation of strategic communications materials and reports for dissemination with stakeholders for the Activity and will be performing the following key activities.
On a case-by-case basis the STTA can be requested to perform all or any of the following communication tasks.
- Conduct field visits and document the situation (before and after) intervention by gathering evidence of change stories from the intervention areas through interviews and other data collection tools and mechanisms;
- Review reports and other secondary sources to identify and gather information on key performances, achievements, and success stories. Including but not limited to review of the Activity periodic technical reports, research and analysis reports, trip and field activity reports, and other secondary resource materials;
- Based on the information obtained from primary and secondary resources and in accordance to the branding and marking policy, develop publications such as factsheets, brochures, posters, short videos, social media contents, radio scripts, infographics, and other media as required;
- Review and refine (including copy edit) draft reports, technical writings, and other communications materials produced by the Communications and Advocacy Manager and others;
- Advise on and support production, broadcasting, and or distribution of communications materials.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQURIEMENTS:
- B.Sc. or equivalent university degree in Communications, English Literature, and/or public relations other international development related field.
The ideal candidate will have the following experience:
- At least 5-10 years of experience in communications (USAID experience strongly preferred);
- Excellent computer software skills in MS Word, PowerPoint, and MS Publisher or similar other desktop publishing applications;
- Demonstrated experience in writing reports, articles, scripts, Videos, infographics, and other communication materials;
- Demonstrated experience in publication designs, graphics and desktop publishing preferred;
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written with fluency in English required.
Please be sure to indicate you saw this position on Globaljobs.org