The Department of Justice, Criminal Division investigates and prosecutes complex criminal matters and assists the United States Attorney's Offices in investigations, trials, and appeals.
The Office of Policy and Legislation (OPL) is a team of attorneys and policy analysts that works with components throughout the Criminal Division and the entire Department of Justice to develop, review, and evaluate national crime, sentencing, and corrections policy and legislation.
A Program Analyst:
• Provides support and assistance in the planning, reviewing, and reporting of data/statistical results of program or project studies.
• Performs queries of some difficulty using specialized skills to extract data from a broad range of databases.
• Conducts research independently, validating specific data for use in reports and studies authored by others.
• Integrates several types of software, such as spreadsheet, database, word processing, desktop publishing, and graphics applications, to generate specific working documents and forms.
• Acquires data to be normalized, ingested, and managed, while complying with existing requests and emerging trends.
• Implements appropriate internal SOPs, systems, and/or controls to effectively support projects.
• Manages OPL Activator, ExecSec, and FOIA matters in efficient and reliable manner.
• Serves as office timekeeper for OPL.
• Provides support for OPL international travel requests.
Applicants must have 1 year of specialized experience at, or equivalent to, the GS-05 grade
level to include: conducting research and collecting data, assisting in preparing analytical reports, and using statistical software programs and applications.
Applicants must have 1 year of specialized experience at, or equivalent to, the GS-07 federal grade level. This experience must include duties such as: planning, coordinating, and carrying out successive steps in fact-finding and analysis of issues necessary to complete each phase of projects. Conducting research and collecting data, assisting in preparing analytical reports, and using statistical software programs and applications.
A combination of education and experience can be used to qualify.
GS grade level will be determined by education & experience.
Please be sure to indicate you saw this position on Globaljobs.org