Communication & Documentation Officer is responsible for overall communication and documentation related activities of Room to Read Bangladesh including communication strategy and material development, donor visit management, report, media communication, sharing information, proper documentation of program processes and learning, etc.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinate strategy, planning and reporting of communication and documentation works of Room to Read Bangladesh;
- Plan and coordinate donor visits and donor communication;
- Plan and coordinate public relation events and other media communication as well as marketing and promotion activities to enhance the public image of the organization and generate supports for Room to Read Bangladesh;
- Plan and develop various communication materials including using of usage Research and Monitoring and Evaluation data for preparing various presentations and fact sheet for sharing;
- Ensure legal and policy compliance of Room to Read Bangladesh's communication and documentation works;
- Visit projects with Bangladesh Program Teams in order to keep up to date with situation in the field, discuss new ideas and learn from what is happening in the field and help the team to write anecdotes;
- Collect stories, photographs and video from the field during site visits to share with Asia Regional Office and Global Office for global marketing publications, blogs and other needs;
- Maintain good working relationships with key media people and help communicate all important events to San Francisco and Asia Regional Communications Teams;
- Monitor and manage all information flow mechanisms and assist the managers in country when necessary to write special reports for project evaluation or project closure;
- Attend and participate in relevant meetings, workshops with NGOs, MoEt etc. when needed.
- Master Degree in relevant fields (International Relations, Mass Communication, Communication or Journalism, Marketing etc.);
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience with NGOs, UN agency or any other development sector;
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English;
- Editing, especially the ability to reduce large volumes of complex information into accessible and brief communication products;
- Ability to travel frequently to provinces throughout country;
- Excellent inter-personable skills;
- Self-motivated, flexible and able to work without close supervision;
- Sound computer operating skill.
- Good knowledge and understanding Bangladesh’s education issues, economic and development of the country;
- Experience of managing international visits;
- Ability to solve problems quickly;
- Strong public speaking skills for training and presentations;
- Ability to perform multi-task.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*