The Institute of Current World Affairs (ICWA), a well-established, non-profit foundation founded in 1925, offers a remarkable full-time employment opportunity. We are looking for an experienced, multitalented Director of Operations & Administration. The Director of Operations and Administration would work in close partnership with the Executive Director on virtually all of ICWA's programs and activities.
The ideal candidate would combine the following core skills and experience:
- Strong administrative and organizational skills with keen attention to detail and the ability to follow through.
- Experience with payments and financial reconciliation.
- Facility with website management and desktop publishing.
- Event organization and management skills.
Reporting directly to the Executive Director, the Director of Operations & Administration will perform the following duties:
- Manage the financial matters the Foundation, a 501(c)(3) organization
- Serve as the principle staff liaison to the Finance Committee & attend Finance meetings
- Assist with annual budget preparation in coordination with the Executive Director and Treasurer
- Oversee & Support Bookkeeper
- Reconcile donations between the general ledger & development database
- Review & approve all expense statements for payment
- Co-sign with the Executive Director all checks and other legal document at that require a second signature or the signature of the treasurer
- Donor acknowledgements
Personnel & Fellowship Benefits
- Administer employment benefits and retirement program
- Orient new hires as to the benefits, processes and procedures of the organizations.
- Maintain paperwork for compliance with state and federal laws for employees in states located
- Oversee internship program
- Working with and delegating to the Program Assistant
- Oversee the general cleanliness and appearance of office.
- Coordinate maintenance work with building management.
- Contract for repairs as needed.
- Oversee the procurement of office supplies.
- Procure and maintain computer systems (network, servers, computers and databases).
- Supervise IT consultant.
- Procure and maintain office systems (phones, printers, copiers and fax).
- Oversee fellowship application process, review budgets, schedule candidate interviews
- Respond to fellowship inquiries an oversee application process & deadlines
- Provide logistical support for meeting interviews
- Website maintenance & updates
- Oversee publication and distribution of newsletters and mailings
- Attend all board meetings, assist the secretary
- Coordinate Pre-Fellowship Launch and Post-fellowship DC residency
- Administer Fellows Health & Life, and Ad&d benefits
Events, Meetings, Conferences
- Maintain yearly event calendar
- Attend all Events
- Reserve venues, oversee catering, and other vendors
- Prepare database & distribute invitations (digital & paper)
- Serve as liaison to all board committees
Please submit resume and cover letter to [email protected]
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*