The Open Government Partnership (OGP) is an international, voluntary effort to improve government performance, encourage civic participation and enhance government responsiveness to people. OGP is overseen by a Steering Committee composed of governments and civil society organizations in equal numbers, a unique model that embodies the goal of civic participation. In its first three years, OGP has grown from 8 to 70 participating countries, each of which works with civil society partners to develop and implement an OGP action plan. These national action plans include concrete commitments to promote transparency, empower citizens, fight corruption, and harness new technologies to strengthen governance. OGP has also established an Independent Reporting Mechanism to periodically track country progress against commitments, thereby promoting greater accountability at the country level.
The Grants Associate is primarily responsible for putting together and submitting grant reports in a timely manner. S/he will review the conditions of the grant agreement/contract, write the narrative report with help from program staff, liaise with and collect the necessary financial report(s) and submit to funders. S/he will keep careful record to track and and provide the required reports.
As OGP's fiscal sponsor, Tides currently handles substantial portion of the work related to grants, including tracking reports, determining compliance with funder policies, and filling out necessary forms.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Drafts narrative reports (quarterly for bilateral funding agencies, annually for others)
- Works closely with Tides, OGP's fiscal sponsor, to collect grant-related financials
- Compiles narrative and financial reports and submits to funders
- Communicates with staff regularly on grant statistics and updates and leads process trainings for staff on relevant regulatory matters
- If metrics are part of grant reporting, works with other program staff to collect them, tracks and communicates OGP performance against agreed metrics
- Tracks Country Dues from OGP countries
- Answers questions from government officials on the methods for payment of annual dues
- Creates and revises grant-related policies, procedures and forms, and keeps staff informed of relevant changes
- Researches and documents grants management-related best practices
Duties in Preparation for OGP's Spin-off from the Tides Center:
- Develops standard and customized reports for grant reporting
- Ensures data integrity and that due diligence meets legal, audit and regulatory requirements
- Completes mandatory IRS expenditure responsibility (ER) grant reports
- Stays up-to-date with various reporting formats
- Ensures that OGP complies with all grant-related regulations and works to resolve compliance issues
- Produces reports for presentation to the Management Team, Steering Committee and Board of Directors
- Reports on grant status during Finance meetings and Management Team meetings
Position based in Washington D.C, must have legal status to work in the US
Preferred start date is March 1, 2017.
Compensation commensurate with experience.
- 3-5 years of experience with grant writing/administration in the nonprofit sector
- Experience in the nonprofit sector with familiarity of nonprofit structures and procedures
- Knowledge of grant-making rules and regulations, including expenditure responsibility
- Strong organizational skills and careful attention to detail
OTHER SKILLS AND QUALITIES:
- Ability to function in a fast-paced work environment and adjust to competing priorities
- Extensive use of Microsoft office suite, especially excel
- Strong ability to cooperate and work collaboratively toward solutions that generally benefit all involved parties
- Demonstrates ability to engage in a direct and truthful manner; ability to present accurate and appropriate information
- Excellent writing skills, including experience in writing compelling narrative reports for non-profit organizations
- Ability to manage, track, and understand basic financial management concepts
Please submit a cover letter, current CV. Applications will reviewed on a rolling basis.
Because of the volume of applications, we will not be able to respond to every applicant. We thank applicants in advance for their expressions of interest.
Please address any questions to [email protected].
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*