The Editorial Executive position will support the association’s external and internal communications activities, mainly through editorial tasks, reporting directly to the Communications & Marketing Director.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Writing and editing press material, policy papers, speeches, and any other outward-facing material for online & offline communications;
- Uploading content to our website via a CMS;
- Contributing to the DIGITAL HEADLINES (e-newsletter);
- Translating complex issues into plain English;
- Adapting content for press relations and disseminate documents.
- Checking/rewriting copy for prints & online (including content, spelling, punctuation, formatting and grammar mistakes);
- Contributing to setting and monitoring institutional standards for quality. Maintain tone of voice to ensure brand integrity;
- Ensuring consistency and compliance with editorial guidelines for all content produced.
- Support the organisation of events including conferences, seminars and receptions which can include: writing event documents and materials (programme, presentations, agendas & attendees list); preparing and sending invitations, reminders & confirmation emails;
- Support to daily social media and website uploads.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor or Master degree in a relevant field;
- At least 3 to 5 years of relevant work experience as a writer and/or editor;
- Excellent editorial skills in English, including copy-editing for various audiences;
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills - English native speaker level;
- Interest and, preferably, experience in writing about EU policy;
- Organisational and teamwork skills;
- Hands-on person, delivery-driven and willing to go the extra mile to get things done;
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy, with a good sense of what makes engaging copy;
- Ability to multi-task, work independently, prioritise and meet deadlines;
- IT literate: MS-office.
DESIRED COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Interest and experience in developing content for social media;
- Experience in managing a Content Management System (CMS) and Customer relationship management (CRM);
- Familiarity with InDesign and page layout skills;
- Knowledge of another European language, preferably French.
Interested candidates should forward their CV and motivation letter to [email protected] by 20 March 2017. Please put [email protected] in copy of the email and add any evidence of your previous work (not mandatory but will be highly considered).
Due to the volume of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
DIGITALEUROPE offers a permanent contract with a competitive salary package. Expected starting date is as soon as possible.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*