Program Managers (PMs) will facilitate high impact relationships between ~150 mentee and mentor pairs by leveraging iMentor’s programmatic model to deepen pair relationships and help mentors guide mentees toward the goal of college entrance and graduation.
The ideal candidate will have 3+ years of professional experience. They will have experience working with high-school aged youth, and an interest in or experience in college access programming. They will believe deeply in mentoring as a tool for youth success and be confident that with the right support a caring, committed adult can build a relationship with and be a strong support on a student’s post-secondary journey. The candidate most closely aligned with the iMentor vision believes that every student deserves a champion and a chance to graduate from college.
Provide high quality pair support to 150 mentee-mentor pairs.
This may include, but is not limited to:
- Matching mentors & mentees at the beginning of the program cycle;
- Providing cohort level and individualized supports for mentors in order to better support and build relationships with their mentees;
- Using data to determine which pairs may need additional support or program interventions;
- Working with your team and supervisor to troubleshoot struggling pairs;
- Using the iMentor curriculum, class sessions, and events to encourage thoughtful post-secondary conversations between pairs to deepen relationship.
Ensure high quality curricular engagement by:
- Leading multiple classroom sessions per week for mentees at partner schools;
- Ensuring mentees and mentors exchange deep and meaningful correspondence on a weekly basis via iMentor’s technology platform;
- Planning and managing monthly events at school site or on a college campus.
Provide robust and targeted post-secondary support by:
- Working closely with school team to align on post-secondary goals and supports for students;
- Using class sessions and events to build college aspirations for students and to help them navigate the college application process;
- Providing cohort level and individual pair support to mentors so that students and mentors work hand-in-hand in identifying and realizing post-secondary goals.
- 3+ years of professional experience in youth development, education, or college access;
- Bachelor’s degree and be ability to pass a background check;
- Must be comfortable working at both the iMentor office and at schools;
- Must be available and excited to work 2-4 evenings per month;
- Alignment with iMentor’s values.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to have tough conversations;
- Strong organization and time management skills;
- Ability to look at data, understand its implications, and identify next steps;
- Ability to work independently and to collaborate in a team environment;
- Experience and comfort with facilitation of classroom sessions and events;
- Experience and comfort working with high school students, school staff, and adult partners;
- Experience or interest in the college application process;
- Bilingual (Spanish) a plus.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*