CONTEXT & OBJECTIVE:
The Commission is due to make a proposal for the next Multi-annual Financial Framework (MFF) by the end of 2017. The proposal should reflect the future challenges and needs of the EU post- 2020 – post-Brexit area of EU 27. This means that the new MFF might have a new structure, financing revenues and duration.
The research you would conduct for CONCORD would have a double objective:
- The primary purpose is to support the understanding of the confederation on the challenges and opportunities of the future MFF post 2021 and the impact that different MFF 2021 scenarios may have for the EU Official Development Assistance (ODA).
- The secondary purpose is to help the NGOs identifying what they should focus on to safeguard the EU ODA levels and integrity including the EU’s development policy and commitments.
- Final report outlining the current trends impacting the next MFF, analysis of the current MFF based on CONCORD’s red lines and the potential scenarios for the future MFF 2021 depending on the Brexit negotiations and political development in Europe.
- A set of red lines/key principles for the negotiations should be delivered.
- A presentation of the findings and elaboration of an advocacy strategy
- May – June: Initial meetings and analysis of current trends
- 29 June: CONCORD’s meeting on MFF and presentation of the first findings
- July: Interviews
- August – September: Report drafting
- October: Presentation of the final draft
Please send the following elements a CV outlining your relevance expertise for this assignment along with a proposal on how you will undertake this research, including a suggested number of days and their distribution between the different tasks and phases of the work and your daily rate.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*