The Odysseus Academic Network is seeking to recruit urgently a young graduate or professional in Law to fill a remunerated traineeship position as Research Assistant for the European Migration Network (EMN).
The EMN traineeship will last from 15 May or 1 June to 15 November or December 2017 (6 to 7 months), with the successful candidate joining the Odysseus team as Research Assistant. The trainee will work as part of the Odysseus team, consisting of six people in total, under the direct supervision of Prof. Philippe DE BRUYCKER. Applicants are expected to commit to stay for the entire period of the traineeship.
The Research Assistant role involves the following tasks in relation with the input of the Odysseus Network in the functioning of the European Migration Network:
- Help Prof. Philippe DE BRUYCKER in all tasks related to the cooperation between the Odysseus Network and the EMN;
- Prepare legal documentation, bibliographies and draft short notes in relation with the subjects of the studies undertaken by the EMN;
- Revise the draft version of EMN studies, reports and other documents;
- Liaise with the members of the Odysseus Network in EU Member States involved in the EMN and plan and follow up their work;
- Ensure the contact between the Odysseus Network and the company in charge of the coordination of the EMN;
- Represent sometimes the Odysseus Network in meetings related to the EMN;
- Any other task related to the involvement of the Odysseus Network in the EMN.
Applicants should possess the following qualifications and attributes:
- BA and/or Master in (EU) law with excellent marks;
- Knowledge of and interest in EU/national law and policies on immigration and/or asylum;
- Excellent knowledge of spoken and written English (proficiency in French is an asset);
- Knowledge of ICT: capacity to maintain a website on WordPress and social media accounts on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter;
- Ability to be proactive, plan and work autonomously;
- Ability to communicate clearly, easily and quickly;
- Ability to network and coordinate with a group of people.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*