Amnesty International USA (AIUSA) is looking to hire a Stewardship Specialist whose role will be to deepen the relationship with the organization’s most generous donors by coordinating all communications and engagement opportunities for $5K+ donors and prospects at AIUSA. The best candidate for this position will be a passionate and adept communicator, both verbally and written, who can bring AIUSA’s programmatic work to life for our donors. In addition, the candidate must be good at data-driven analysis and be a strategic program planner with a deep understanding of the donor life-cycle and donor stewardship.
- Conceptualize and draft high-level and personalized communication pieces for major donors, including grant proposals, briefing papers, newsletters, and email updates. As needed, coordinate with other departments, program staff, and graphic designers to compile information, draft narrative, and design polished materials.
- Lead innovative efforts to acknowledge donors of $1000+
- Write donor communications, including acknowledgment and stewardship letters for signature by executives, board members, and key volunteers
- Expand our donor recognition options (annual report, holiday/anniversary cards, conference calls and donor surveys) to include other thank you or premium options
- Explore leadership opportunities for our major donors, including meetings, and a donor travel program
- Produce material related to all event logistics (postcards, photos, graphic design, language, program design, etc…
- Coordinate our Grass Tops advocacy project with our government relations team.
- Ensure that details of stewardship plans are compiled and communicated to all involved parties, and that the plan is documented, implemented and included in the moves management system
- Identify best practices at other organizations for stewardship planning and operation
- As needed, plan, manage and execute large meetings and events that advance donor involvement, cultivation and stewardship for major gifts
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: Major Gifts Team, direct response, communications and program staff throughout the agency
External: Donors, volunteers and board members
Reports to: National Director of Major Gifts
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in fundraising, communications, journalism or an equivalent client-focused environment
- Demonstrated skills in writing, organizing and managing multiple concurrent projects
- Strong writing and copy-editing skills
- Prior experience with cultivation and recognition events preferred
Excellent interpersonal skills; powerful and concise verbal and written communication skills; transparent decision making based on the results of testing and analysis; short-term and long-term strategic planning skills; ability to analyze data, make recommendations and turn those recommendations into action; a willingness to be wrong, admit mistakes and learn from them; and proficiency in Excel, Word, e-mail and database programs.
- Compelling and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organization skills; detail oriented
- Collegial, collaborative style
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize multiple requests
- Good decision-making skills, tactful, good listener, willingness to search out answers, ability to recognize when others need to be involved in activities or decisions
- Creativity, curiosity, sense of humor, high energy level, and an enthusiasm for meeting and working with a wide range of individuals
- Knowledge of principles and techniques relevant to major gift fundraising
- Understanding of individual donor needs and perceptions
- Passion for and knowledge of AIUSA’s mission and values
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*