The Press Officer will be supporting the organization on tasks related to communication, campaigning, and administration. He/She will work in cooperation with, and under the supervision of our President as well as the Secretary-General and the Executive Officer.
This is a 6-month part-time or full-time (upon agreement, depending on a common strategy and vision to be developed with the successful candidate) and paid position under the Belgian law. The position provides an excellent platform for the successor to gain practical experience working in the largest European political youth organization, while at the same time have the opportunity to network with various individuals who work within European politics.
- Making full use of new media tools to disseminate messages and raise the profile of YEPP in relation to its activities/ campaigns;
- Writing Press Releases;
- Maintenance and development of in-house media-and outreach databases;
- Producing and designing creative publications such as booklets and infographics;
- Developing and implementing YEPP communication strategy;
- Supporting communications tasks in social media, website, and events.
Administrative and organizational:
- Assisting with planning and coordinating conferences and events in cooperation with political youth organizations in other Europeans countries;
- Other ad hoc outreach, research, and administrative tasks.
- Currently undertaking a degree in related field (European studies, Communication studies, Journalism, New Media, Political Science and International Relations);
- Experience in political youth organizations or work experience at any European EU institution is a plus;
- Excellent verbal and written command of English at C1 proficiency level, knowledge of other European languages is an asset;
- The ability to listen to, understand and communicate detailed and complex subjects;
- Knowledge of MS-office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Chrome) and knowledge of Mac applications (Pages, Keynote);
- Media-savvy with proven experience in writing/editing;
- Up to speed with online communication tools and social media;
- Experience in design software advantageous (Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
- Fast-learner, self-starter comfortable to work in a fast-paced international environment;
- Appreciation of the vital role of administrative tasks;
- Administrative and organizational skills;
- Ability to work independently and within a team;
- Readiness to travel Europe-wide frequently.
For applications to be considered, the candidates must send the following documents, for the attention of YEPP Executive Officer, Ms Monika Kalkusova, by the 15th of October, at noon, and indicate ´Communication/Press Officer´ in the Subject line of the email:
- One-page motivation letter
- One-page CV
- A sample of their written work, such as a press release
Due to the high number of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*