Responsible for managing and supporting the Institute's global operations, with a focus on the legal and compliance requirements for the Institute's international operations including, but not limited to, finance, human resources, contracts, intellectual property, taxes, information technology, and facilities. The position will manage and oversee various international financial and administrative operations and controls requiring complex and cross-functional coordination.
- Support and advise leadership on the administration of GT operations outside of the U.S.
- Oversee the financial and administrative issues when setting up new operations outside of the U.S.
- Facilitate the establishment of International contracts.
- Ensure full compliance with U.S and foreign legislation, including those related to human resources and finance.
- Evaluate and ensure appropriate global relationships/services/human resources/payment functions and related controls and procedures are in place.
- Develop and implement a post-implementation review and compliance process for GT international operations, programs, or locations.
- Review and revise as appropriate policies and procedures, job aids and training on new and current processes that support global GT activities.
- Work with constituents on the Atlanta campus when formulating an international strategy and facilitating business development opportunities.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Business, Management, or an international relations-related discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Work Experience: Ten or more years of experience in administrative (financial, legal, human resources, contracts) operations for an entity with overseas operations, focused on oversight/collaboration with those overseas entities.
- Certifications: N/A
- Skills: This job requires analytical skills to include financial, operational, and procedural; project management and execution; ability to work closely and effectively with a diverse group of GT executives and administrators; ability to work effectively with minimal direction; communication (written and verbal); ability to work across cultural and international boundaries; basic understanding of international finance, taxation, and labor laws; basic understanding of contracting, intellectual property, and licensing; ability to manage change; sound judgment with an open and collaborative style of leadership that encourages cooperation in the interest of the entire organization.
- Preferred Education: MBA, Master's degree in international relations, JD, or other relevant advanced degree.
- Preferred Work Experience: Previous work experience in higher education; experience operating abroad.
- Preferred Certifications: CPA, JD, HR professional certification.
- Preferred Skills: Skills preferred for this job include language proficiency in French, Chinese, and/or Spanish; advanced understanding of international taxation and law; advanced understanding of international contracting, intellectual property and licensing in a university setting.
Additional Information: This position may require international travel.
Impact & Influence: This position will interact on a regular basis with: Georgia Tech (GT) senior and executive leadership, faculty, and staff. This position typically will advise and counsel: GT executive leadership, Board of Regents (BOR), and staff. This position will supervise: N/A
The Office of the Vice Provost for International Initiatives provides leadership in advocating for, supporting, and pursuing the Institute's goals for international education and exchange. In this regard, the office’s most important priorities are:
- Collaborating with faculty to further internationalize the curriculum
- Advocating for programs of study that prepare students to be globally competent
- Identifying opportunities for faculty to acquire international education experiences
- Serving the large and diverse population of international students and visiting scholars
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*