HIAS seeks a Program Analyst, International Programs to be responsible for data analysis and database development support, general compliance, programmatic performance and progress against program goals and deliverables for HIAS’ overseas offices. S/he works closely with the Global Programs team to monitor and evaluate the effectiveness, cost and overall impact of HIAS’ refugee assistance programs, including PRM- and UNHCR-funded programs, as well as privately-funded projects. S/he is responsible for developing and improving systems to plan, implement, monitor and evaluate programs.
· Works with Global Programs team to develop and refine objectives, indicators and deliverables for current programs and new program proposals.
· Tracks, analyzes and regularly reports on program indicators, progress against targets, program successes and lessons learned.
· Works with the Associate Vice President, Program Operations and Chief Information Officer to identify appropriate data management systems for HIAS programs and to customize such systems to optimally track and measure HIAS program activities and progress toward targets.
· Develops and runs reports as needed from databases and through statistical programming, including developing baseline assessments and tracking data and progress against baselines.
· Develops and produces charts, graphs, infographics and other visual representations of program activities and accomplishments.
· Performs basic and intermediate statistical analysis, as needed.
· Conducts data checks to ensure data quality related to analysis and research.
· Liaises with Country Directors and Representatives to ensure robust data collection across country offices, standardizing collection methods, results and analysis as much as possible.
· Drafts, finalizes and implements relevant programming guidelines, standard operating procedures and documentation related to data collection, management and analysis.
· Provides remote and on-site training for country office staff (including Country Directors and key national staff) on best practices in data collection, program management, and Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) strategies.
· Identifies staff members in global offices to serve as key M&E points of contact; provides trainings, as needed (virtually or on-site) and conducts regular check-ins to monitor in-country progress on program deliverable.
· Supports strategic planning cycles and processes for the Global Programs department.
· Implements best practices and policies for project management and M&E.
· Travels to field offices to monitor program implementation, provide operational assistance and supports compliance with program management standards.
· Provides support to Global Programs senior management in the production of program reports and proposals, especially in the provision of outcome narratives and statistical reports.
· Participates in HIAS Working Group for Program Systems (IT, Global Programs and U.S. Programs); works to ensure that database programs accurately measure program activity data and works with IT staff as needed to refine database parameters.
· Participates in the development and review of project management tools and manuals.
· Works closely with external M&E consultant(s), providing input on Terms of Reference, providing information on program activities throughout the consultancy, and working to ensure that recommendations are implemented beyond the consultancy period.
· Serves as point of contact for other HIAS departments (Communications, Finance, U.S. Programs) for information on global program operations and activities.
· Provides senior management with regular updates on program outcomes for use in reports to funders and the HIAS Board of Directors.
· Supports other M&E functions, as delegated.
· Undergraduate degree required; graduate degree highly preferred.
· A minimum of two to five years of related work experience; familiarity and experience with M&E and/or program management strongly preferred.
· Strong background in social justice, human rights and/or refugee issues.
· Ability to manage, track and report on program data.
· Proficiency with Excel in tracking and analyzing data.
· Experience in use of data management systems and/or statistical software packages preferred.
· Ability to travel to international field offices, as needed.
· Excellent writing and communication skills with familiarity writing funder reports, SOPs and other program management documents.
· Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and meet strict deadlines.
· Excellent critical thinking skills; ability to multi-task.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*