The Program Assistant will work under the direction of the Vice President of Meetings and Membership. The Membership team coordinates the selection process of new members, and serves as the front-facing department for CFR’s 5,000 members in order to enhance their member experience.
The principal responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Work closely with the Membership team to provide general administrative support.
- Maintain member and candidate information in database.
- Respond to inquiries via phone and email regarding the application process and member accounts.
- Ensure quality of membership applications for three application cycles per year.
- Support the Council’s diversity and inclusion efforts for its membership.
- Assist in preliminary research on membership applicants, and updating and maintaining contact information on term member alumni.
- Research and prepare biographical profiles and report on membership trends and statistics.
- Provide support for membership onboarding, mailings and other projects.
- Staff new member events, committee meetings, general meetings, and conferences.
- Bachelor’s degree in international relations or a related field with high academic achievement
- 1+ years related experience
- Self-starter, with excellent attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and the ability to handle multiple tasks
- Excellent computer skills in MS Word, Excel, database management
- Strong research, verbal, and written communication skills, including editing and proofreading
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, both independently and as part of a team
- Flexible, positive, team-oriented attitude
- Interest in international affairs
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*