Duties & Responsibilities
- Support Green Climate Fund (GCF) accreditation process;
- Assess existing CRS guidance and procedures (i.e. ProPack, SMILER) to contribute appropriate language and concepts to the development of an agency-wide ESS policy;
- Collaborate on GCF 1-pager for country program audience;
- Support Caritas Internationalis food security & climate change working group with content and event preparation for upcoming COP23;
- Conduct assessment of peer organizations approach, staffing and funding for climate change to inform OverOps climate change session;
- Support development of concepts and preparation for a resilience event for Taadoud:
- Develop abstract;
- Obtain input and ideas from CP;
- Identify talking points and lessons learned, work with CP to refine messaging;
- Support identification of venue/sponsor and possible panelists;
- Facilitate communications between key stakeholders, incorporating feedback and ideas into content decisions.
- Finalize aflatoxin literature review, brief and tool for distribution to field staff;
- Draft technical guidance to the field for use of orange fleshed sweet potatoes;
- Refine CRS OFSP project briefs and upload them to the SPHI knowledge portal;
- Conduct literature review on food systems to create guidance for country programs;
- Collect and analyze data from INC2016 survey;.
- Develop or refine chapters of the CRS homestead garden guide:
- Revised marketing chapter to remove duplication and streamline content;
- Annex from Rupert;
- Draft content for the chapter on guidance for selecting crops to produced.This guidance will be pulled from existing chapters in the guide:nutrition, marketing, seed, water resources, post-harvest, integrated soil health management;
- Draft initial content for the introduction chapter;
- Draft initial content for the chapter on vertebrate animal protection based on review of literature and resources.
- Manage and facilitate Build Block 6 Community of Practice (BB6) including uploading resources to BB6 SharePoint document library and coordinating/facilitating the November webinar;
- Uploading the Gender Analysis Training of Trainers materials to the Gender SharePoint sight (English and Spanish versions);
- Coverage of meetings and events in Washington DC related to climate change, Farm Bill negotiations, gender and nutrition-sensitive programming;
- AFR100 application;
- Niger DFSA support - literature review nutrition-sensitive agriculture;
- IFPRI presentation for A4NH;
- Climate change capacity statement - workshop;
- World Food Prize event preparation and support.
- A Master's degree required.
- A minimum two years relevant experience required.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*