Rutgers University-Newark, an urban public research university and anchor institution, located in Newark, New Jersey, a city of promise, is seeking a Program Coordinator. Reporting to the Associate Director at the Division of Global Affairs.
The Program Coordinator:
- Administratively support the Associate Director regarding admissions counselling, program/matriculation counseling, student, graduation and registration processing, and coordination of joint degree programs.
- Assists in the coordination of the on-line Masters of Science in Global Affairs and Certificate programs.
- Participates in the research, development and preparation of grant applications for the Division of Global Affairs and the Center for Emerging Threats in the 21st Century.
- Supports the development of international partnerships, including coordination of student exchange programs, international conferences, and Memoranda of Understanding between the Division of Global Affairs and international universities.
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience. Requires up to two years relevant experience in an administrative function, good communication and interpersonal skills, and computer literacy.
- Masters of Science or current matriculation in a PhD in Global Affairs, International Relations, or Political Science
- Experience with Statistical/Data Analysis.
- Experience with Grant Writing and Institutional Review Board(IRB) for Survey Research
- Strategic Planning Skills
- Competency in Microsoft, Data Analytics and Statistics
- Knowledge university operational policies and procedure.
- Experience in STATA Data analytics, IRB process, and proven track record in development and grant writing.
- Strong familiarity with interdisciplinary programs in International Relations, Political Science, or Global Affairs.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience with Online Learning Platforms such as Blackboard, Canvas, and Pearson
- Experience leading and facilitating efficient and effective unit administrative operations
- Experience implementing well-coordinated and organized programs and/or projects
- Experience maintaining administrative, research, academic, and/or promotional materials and reports, unit paperwork, and information
- Experience facilitating well-organized meetings, seminars, symposiums, and events
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org