We enable knowledge sharing with the world’s hardest-to-reach communities, empowering them to improve their health, income, and quality of life. We do this by amplifying the reach of local partners through the use of our Talking Book audio devices, which serve people who are often missed due to illiteracy or living in remote areas. We support these partners with the technology, the creation of engaging audio interviews, songs, and dramas, and the analysis of user feedback recordings and usage statistics to better understand user needs.
We have worked with partners like CARE, UNICEF, and WHO to reach nearly 500,000 people in Ghana, Kenya, Rwanda, and Uganda. With the right Program Manager, we can grow this program to reach millions more in many more countries over the next few years.
We seek a dynamic and highly motivated individual to join our team and manage the implementation of Talking Book programs. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in results-based management approaches, will have experience working in multi-cultural teams, and be available to travel a few times per year.
Lead the timely implementation of high-quality programs, in line with funding agreements. This will include designing, planning, managing, and monitoring of programs—working closely with Director of Global Partnerships, M&E Officer, Communications Manager, and Finance Manager.
- Manage the project cycle through designing, planning, implementing, monitoring, and applying Results-Based Management (RBM) principles from a client-oriented approach.
- Develop work plans, in line with contract agreements and established indicators.
- Proactively solve distribution channel issues to ensure a timely delivery of programs.
- Work closely with program subcontractors to anticipate and resolve complex program-related issues, monitor activities, and oversee financial disbursements.
- Work with M&E Officer to document program specifications and to develop a monitoring and evaluation system for effective information sharing, feedback, and progress reports.
- Develop a set of program management tools and guidelines.
- Contribute to strategic planning and Annual Work Planning process.
- Support proposal development and concept notes for new programs.
- Work with Learning & Development Manager to ensure appropriate training for subcontractors.
Reporting and Communications
- Ensure development of narrative and financial reports in line with contract agreements.
- Work with subcontractors to gather photos and updates for program visibility.
- Share experiences and lessons learned among our staff and subcontractors.
Education: Master’s degree or equivalent experience in international relations, public administration, law, political science, economics, or related field, preferably with project management certification.
- 3-7 years of progressively responsible experience in program management, preferably in development assistance or related field for a donor organization, governmental institution, NGO, private sector, or consulting firm; overseas experience is desired.
- Extensive experience in results-based management
- Independent creation of new systems to streamline processes
- Budget management, financial analysis, and incorporation of CRM tools is desired.
- Experience with agriculture, health, protection, or with refugees is desired.
- Highly collaborative with strong cultural competence
- Concurrent management of multiple initiatives
- Basic quantitative data analysis and reporting skills
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills with international stakeholders; fluency in another language, particularly French or Spanish is desired.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org