A full time basis Accredited Parliamentary Assistant position to cover European transport policy is available in the office of Claudia Tapardel, MEP, in the European Parliament, Brussels.
MEP Ana-Claudia Tapardel is a Romanian S&D member of the Transport and Tourism Committee (TRAN) and Committee on Constitutional Affairs (AFCO). She is also the Co-Chair of the Intergroup on the European Tourism Development.
Starting date: March 2018
- Working on Transport and Tourism Committee reports and opinions, including policy research, presentations and briefing notes & communication materials;
- Assistance with political activities, following legislation as it passes though Committee level;
- Provide occasional secretarial and administrative support to ensure the smooth running of the office;
- Respond to emails/letters and draft/send responses as appropriate;
- Events organisation and office management;
- Liaise with constituents and stakeholders.
Required skills and qualities:
- Native Romanian speaker;
- Forensic attention to detail and ability to multi-task;
- Very good analytical skills;
- Good knowledge of European legislation and of the functioning of the European Parliament, and preferably at least six months of internship in one of the institutions;
- An excellent command of English (written and spoken). Spanish and/or French are considered an asset;
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritise work and meet deadlines.
- Administrative skills;
- Experience in communications;
- Experience with working in a political environment.
Applicants should send before 15 February a CV plus a cover letter outlining their experience and qualifications along with very clear reasons why they want the job and the contribution that they can make.
Interviews will take place on 21 and 22 February. Positions to be filled as soon as possible.
These should be emailed to [email protected]
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org