Winrock International is seeking an individual, a consultancy firm, or a research organization to lead a situational analysis and needs assessment on trafficking of male youth and adults in Bangladesh. The study is expected to include the use of both primary and secondary data, and it is expected to provide a strategy to provide services that are specifically tailored to the needs of male victims of trafficking.
The individual, company, or organization will be required to:
- Work with the Winrock International BC/TIP staff to develop a final work plan and methodology for the situational/needs assessment analysis prior to beginning secondary and primary data collection. The workplan will include sources of existing research for literature review; sources of secondary statistical data; primary research methods including key informant interviews, in-depth interviews, focus group discussions and others; the list of interviewees and location of field visits for primary data collection; qualitative and quantitative data analysis methods; report outline; and potentially other logistical and research details. The final methodology and workplan will be reviewed and approved by Winrock International and USAID prior to beginning work. The proposed methodology should include but is not limited to the following tasks:
- Review all relevant project documentation including project proposal, interim reports, monitoring data, workshop reports, and minutes as appropriate, country context documents, and other relevant documents;
- Identify the districts with the highest number of the male (youth & adult) victims and migrant returnees and their vulnerability to trafficking;
- Conduct interviews, FGD, learning workshops with relevant stakeholders and male victims of trafficking;
- Conduct a psychological assessment of the male victims is also required to identify the mental health status and to develop specific approaches tailored to working with male victims.
- Additional information will be supplied in TOR.
Winrock is seeking qualified individuals and/or firms who meet the qualifications stated below.
The principal investigator must fulfill at least the following criteria:
- Master’s Degree (PhD preferred) in social sciences, development studies or related field;
- Extensive knowledge and work experience on human trafficking ideally in the Bangladeshi context; regional TIP experience is preferred;
- Psycho/social experience, especially related to mental health assessment and tools development;
- Knowledge and experience in quantitative and qualitative data analysis and research;
- Experience conducting field research using participatory approaches;
- Experience in consolidating and analyzing literature, quantitative and qualitative data, writing reports and in making recommendations;
- Ability to analyze and present complex data in a clear and understandable format;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Report writing skill;
- Ability to manage the available time and resources and to work to tight deadlines;
- Dedicate the maximum of his/her time to the full period of the survey including workplan development, fieldwork, analysis, and reporting.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org