The Development Manager will be iMentor NYC’s resident prospect researcher, driving asset mapping in support of our frontline development staff. Reporting to the Director of Development, iMentor NYC, the Development Manager (DM) will help secure funding across all revenue sources, including foundation, corporate, and individual giving.
The ideal candidate will be a strong researcher and writer, eager to steep themselves in iMentor NYC's program to tell the stories of our pairs and equally excited to identify new funding sources. This person will play a critical role in to supporting iMentor's largest region on the path toward financial sustainability and strategic programmatic expansion.
Prospect Research and Cultivation
- Research new prospects to strengthen iMentor’s pipeline across revenue streams: foundations, corporations and individual funders;
- Support the development of cultivation strategies for both new and current foundation funders utilizing Salesforce, LinkedIn Wealth Engine, Charity Navigator and Foundation Center.
Grant Writing and Reporting
- Write exceptional grant proposals and reports, letters of inquiry, internal briefing documents and memos, and other communications and materials, as needed, effectively and succinctly capturing iMentor’s work and impact;
- Work closely with AD of Development to leverage grant templates, report on and renew existing grants and prepare for five-figure grant proposals;
- Manage internal grants calendar and schedule to ensure proposals are submitted on time.
Project and Systems Management
- Build relationships with key departments within iMentor – e.g., program, finance, and research and evaluation – to aggregate data and information that will help inform and tailor grant requests to strongly align with the grant-making priorities of each foundation;
- Provide administrative, systems and project support to plan, coordinate and execute events to convene funders.;
- Update and maintain iMentor’s Salesforce database of foundation funders and prospects.
Donor Communication and Special Initiatives
- Devise a stewardship and communications plan that engages supporters with the stories of mentor-mentee pairs, iMentor national impact, and the broader organizational development of iMentor;
- Collaborate with special event committee(s) to support event coordination and execution;
- Create mailing list(s), draft End of Year (EOY) appeal letters and work with mail house venders to execute EOY Giving plan;
- Support organization-wide and development team initiatives and events, including weeknight evenings.
- 3+ years professional experience in relevant field with demonstrated success in grant and proposal writing, development, member/constituent services, or journalism/public relations; experience in the non-profit sector a must;
- Strong writing skills with ability to demonstrate persuasive writing and articulate clear and concise thoughts;
- Sharp analytical skills to figure out the inputs that lead to desired outputs, figure out what’s missing, what’s superfluous, and how to do it better with a strong focus on systems and process;
- Strong contributor in team environments to help strengthen internal communications, collaborations, and organizational culture;
- Understanding of local fundraising landscape and development cycle;
- Proven track record of relationship development with ability to balance mutually beneficial relationships and work collaboratively toward outcomes;
- Exceptional project management skills and ability to balance multiple, complex projects in a highly deadline-driven environment;
- Displays resiliency and realistic optimism when articulating challenges in their work and ability to use a solutions-based, collaborative approach to drive change.
- Quick learner who demonstrates an eagerness to continually strengthen their understanding of iMentor’s work, impact, successes, and challenges. Continually seeks constructive feedback and leverages input to move work forward;
- Flexible and adaptive to effectively manage changing priorities and new opportunities;
- Deep commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion and aligned in thought and action with iMentor's values;
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- Employment is contingent upon the completion of a satisfactory fingerprinting and criminal background check, conducted by the Division of Human Resources at the NewYork City Department of Education.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org