The Global Security Operations Center (GSOC) Operator, under guidance of GSOC Supervisor, is responsible for assisting company personnel in all concerns that pertain to safety and security for corporate locations around the globe. The individual will work in a GSOC environment, monitoring several screens. The Operator will use a variety of tools that range from access control and alarm monitoring systems to various business intelligence sources, open source media, internet, and in-house tools. The Operator is required to detect, analyze, and alert others of any incidents which may impact the client’s people, products, property, or brand image. These may range from extreme weather conditions, political instability, crime, terror, to technical failures and personnel issues.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential Job Functions:
- Assisting company employees in all concerns that pertain to safety, security, and property.
- Conducting ongoing review of multiple systems and sources to detect potential risks.
- Monitoring travel safety and security of company’s employees.
- Investigating alarms and responding by sending patrol, or alerting Fire services or Police as needed.
- Notifying and coordinating corporate response by distribution of advisories and other communications.
- Compiling daily reports and incident reports.
- Conducting in-depth risk analysis for locations or events.
- Following procedures for managing a variety of incidents, from minor incidents handled at the local level to global crises.
- Presenting complex risk scenarios to corporate managers upon request.
- Provides back-up, support, and on-call function as needed.
Additional Job Functions:
- Perform other related duties and special projects as required.
- Gather and prepare reports on individual and team performance metrics.
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements
- Associate degree or 2+ years of equivalent work experience in Military, Law Enforcement, Government, Corporate Security.
- Strong Customer Service skills.
- Able to analyze threats and envision potential or real time impact to client operations with the ability to develop or implement quick responses or mitigation strategies.
- Display original thinking and creativity, meet challenges with resourcefulness, generate suggestions for improving work, and develop innovative approaches to complex problems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read, write, and speak clearly in English.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced, at times stressed work environment.
- Strong team player.
- Comfortable with high-tech work environment, and constant learning of new tools and innovations.
- Flexibility to work all shifts, holidays, and willingness to assist the team with overtime when needed.
- Must type at least 40 wpm.
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows and Office Suite
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Prior experience in a security operations center, TOC, or similar is highly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, International Affairs/Relations/Business, Emergency Management, Political Science, Criminal Justice or related discipline.
- Experience with security systems, including alarm monitoring, electronic access control, and CCTV.
- Supervisory experience, ideally in a security role.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org