The Union of European Federalists is a non-governmental pan-European organisation, dedicated to the promotion of closer European integration and a democratic and federal Europe. The UEF was founded in 1946 and today is active in over 24 European countries. We organise campaigns, debates, seminars, actions and other events across Europe on key European issues and federalism. We dialogue with European institutions and national policy-makers to promote a united and federal Europe. You can find more information on our organisation, policies and activities on our websites www.federalists.eu, as well as on our campaign-specific websites www.marchforeurope2017.eu and www.towardsfederaleurope.eu.
Under the supervision of the Head of Office of the European Secretariat, you will:
- be responsible the implementation of a project aimed at supporting the engagement of civil society organisations around Europe in the debate on the future of Europe, mainly through the organisation of two training activities, 2 policy-related international seminars and 4 citizens events;
- supporting the rest of the Secretariat in the organisation of statutory meetings and the implementation of different projects, including the UEF activities for 2019 European elections;
- assist the UEF Secretariat in internal and external communication activities (including on social media);
- represent the organisation at meetings of platforms and organisations of which UEF is member;
- contribute to the management of day-to-day administrative tasks.
- You are a passionate believer in European integration and are familiar with current European issues, policies and institutions;
- You have a university degree at master level, preferably in European studies, International relations or political science;
- You have a work experience of at least 1 year (in addition to any previous internship) in the field of project management, preferably in an international association or NGO, a Brussels-based consultancy, institution or other EU circles;
- Demonstrated experience in organising events, actions and campaigns would be a strong asset;
- You are fluent in written and spoken English and French. Any other EU languages, and particularly German and/or Italian, would be an asset;
- You have excellent communication and organizational skills;
- You are keen on the highest quality of your deliverables;
- You have excellent drafting and presentation skills;
- You are able to work independently and, when necessary, under pressure to meet tight deadlines;
- You are flexible, hands-on and don’t mind helping others in the team on matters outside your responsibilities when workload requires;
- You have a good sense of humour and service-oriented;
- You have a good knowledge of information sources on the Internet related to European matters;
- You are an EU national or have already a work permit to work in Belgium during the expected contract period.
- A full-time fixed-term contract under Belgian law for a period of 15 months, subject to a 3 months trial period, with possible renewal subject to performance and conditions to be agreed at that time;
- Total remuneration will be defined according to the applicant’s skills and qualifications;
- Alternatively, if preferred by you, a free-lance contract for an equivalent period;
- Occasional work on evenings and weekends is required and compensated with subsequent time off. Occasional travelling is required for events outside Brussels;
- An interesting and challenging work experience in a major pan-European Brussels-based organisation;
- Exposure to a wide range of contacts in the European institutions and circles;
- A diversified portfolio of activities and projects;
- A dynamic and multi-national team of colleagues and volunteers.
Please send your CV (max 2 pages) and cover letter (1 page) by e-mail indicating “Project Officer – Application” in the email subject;
Deadline for applications: 2 September 2018 mid-day (12.00 am);
Start Date: as soon as possible;
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org