The ALDE Party is the European liberal political family, bringing together 63 parties from 44 European countries. Its role is to strengthen its member parties and to communicate liberal policy ideas for Europe. The Brussels-based Secretariat of the ALDE Party organises the activities of the party, manages the external communication and provides campaign strategy consultancy to member parties.
To support our growing activities, we are now seeking a: Junior Data Analyst (m/f).
As member of a dynamic and international team and under the supervision of the Data & Analytics Manager, the data analyst will be part of the Political Unit. The main responsibilities of the position are:
- Independently research, analyse and visualise datasets, to generate insights for political campaigns across Europe;
- Management of data analysis projects for member parties, as part of the ALDE Party’s party assistance programme;
- Develop new analysis products for ALDE member parties, ahead of the European Election 2019;
- Prepare research and technical advice on new technologies and tools, notably within the field of digital campaigning;
- Assist in the organisation of workshops and training seminars.
- Minimum a bachelor’s degree (or similar) in economics, statistics, computer science, sociology, political science or other relevant subjects;
- Strong quantitative abilities and experience with the statistical programming language R;
- The ability to communicate technical subjects to a non-technical audience is a must;
- Experience with GIS software (QGIS) would be considered an asset;
- Experience with SQL would be considered an asset;
- The candidate must have excellent knowledge of English (written and spoken) and will have both an eye for detail and necessary focus on in-depth analytical work;
- Self-starter with a high level of professionalism and demonstrated initiative, judgment, decisiveness and confidence to present the research to third parties;
- An understanding of European politics and party politics is desirable. An affiliation with liberal values is requested and prior campaign experience would be an asset.
The ALDE Party is a registered European political party and its staff is working in the frame of employee contracts submitted to Belgian Law
The Data Analyst will be based in Brussels. To apply, please send a CV and letter of motivation by Sunday, 16 September 2018, mentioning the vacancy reference “data analyst” and your first and second names in the subject line.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org