The ADEPT’s Communications Department is comprised of a communications professions based in Brussels. The team is responsible for communication and visibility of the whole ADEPT programmes and actions, as well for producing a variety of information materials, including press releases, videos, best practices, etc. Under the direct supervision of the Communications and Engagement manager and with coordination with the Acting Executive Director and the Programmes and Operations Director, the fellow will focus on supporting the communications department with the timely presentation of the best practices and the E-Magazine production, as well as with the events organisation and management.
For the role of COMMUNICATIONS AND PUBLIC INFORMATION FELLOW, the successful candidate is expected to achieve, amongst other things, the goals, outputs and outcomes linked to the services and activities set out below:
- Gather, organise and produce the best practices displaying the best diaspora actions in the development of Africa in different sectors and themes; There should be at least 6 produced;
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the E-Magazine of the African Diaspora. Gather and edit the narrative and visual content, as well as propose the promotional strategy on social media;
- Assist the communication team in the planning, organisation and implementation of the ADEPT’s national, regional and international events; contribute to the development and producing of the info material for public events and help with social media engagement;
- Develop, edit and produce different informative content for website, social media and newsletter; gather and edit human touch stories, videos and infographics, etc.;
- Engage with the ADEPT’s members on a daily basis and work, together with other colleagues, on the Diaspora organisations interactive mapping on the new website;
- Contribute to the development and production of the African Women leader’s dossier. Work on the case studies selection, content production and promotion;
- Support Communications and Engagement Manager in any other tasks and responsibilities if there a need would be.
- Master’s degree in Communications and public information or any other related field from an accredited academic institution.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in content management and producing;
- Experience in events planning and organisation;
- Knowledge of new and innovative technologies and social media engagement approaches;
- Ability to work effectively in a team of colleagues of varied cultural and professional backgrounds;
- Good knowledge of current discourse on Migration and Development in the context of Africa and its diaspora
- Proven ability to produce quality work accurately and concisely according to set deadlines.
- Excellent knowledge of spoken and written French and English;
- Knowledge of African language desirable.
OTHER COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
- Commitment to ADEPT’s mission, programmes and values;
- Eagerness to learn;
- Ability to work to deadlines, multi-task and prioritise tasks and activities;
- Ability to work flexibly, independently and in teams;
- Ability to interact and communicate with people from diverse socio-economic backgrounds.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org