The Asian Productivity Organization (APO) http://www.apo-tokyo.org/ is an intergovernmental organization committed to improving productivity in the Asia-Pacific region. Established in 1961, the APO contributes to the sustainable socioeconomic development of the region through policy advisory services, acting as a think tank and undertaking smart initiatives in the industry, agriculture, service and public sectors.
The APO is shaping the future of the region by assisting member economics in formulating national strategies for enhanced productivity and through a range of institutional capacity building efforts, including research and centers of excellence in member countries (http://www.apo-tokyo.org/about/economies/).
The APO Secretariat, based in Tokyo, Japan, is currently seeking qualified, highly motivated candidates for the following position:
Under the direction of the Secretary-General, supervise, manage, and coordinate the operations of the Agriculture Department, encompassing the planning and implementation of APO programs such as research, workshops, forums, and study missions, for the agriculture and food sectors.
While carrying out their duties, all APO Secretariat staff members are required to observe and comply with organizational rules and regulations including Staff Regulations and Rules, Project Regulations, Financial Regulations, and all other financial provisions relating to the implementation of APO projects as decided by the Governing Body and the Secretary-General, as well as any other relevant administrative memos.
- Anticipate global developments that may have an impact on the agriculture and food sectors and systematically develop initiatives to address those issues using advanced strategic planning;
- Initiate strategic planning and collaborate with other departmental directors in implementing strategies, monitoring program outcomes, and ensuring their alignment with the APO strategic plan;
- Lead in conceptualizing initiatives and programs in accordance with the needs and expectations of the APO and guide the department in delivering the desired results for all As of August 2018 programs on time and within budget;
- Plan and coordinate programs in consultation with National Productivity Organizations (NPOs) and relevant government organizations in charge of economic development;
- Manage the formulation and preparation of documents by the department such as survey questionnaires/formats, country reports, project proposals, project reports, etc.;
- Undertake and manage outcome evaluations of the department’s programs and initiatives which form part of the Secretariat’s report to the Governing Body Meeting and the Workshop of Heads of NPOs;
- Lead and manage all personnel and administrative affairs of the department;
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Secretary-General.
- A Master’s degree in an agriculture-related field, preferably with an advanced degree in business administration, technology management, or economics from a reputable university;
- Fifteen years of management and/or professional experience in the field of economic development/planning and/or productivity, with at least five of those years in a senior management post, preferably in an international environment with diverse nationalities and cultures;
- Knowledge of and experience in future food, smart farming, and agricultural transformation, especially digital farming;
- Excellent communication skills approaching native level in English, the official working language of the APO;
- Knowledge of the use of foresight tools for advanced strategic planning will be a strong advantage;
- Proven successful business development skills;
- A future-oriented perspective.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org