Counterpart International is seeking a New Business Development (NBD) Recruiter to perform the full range of duties associated with full life-cycle recruiting, including posting jobs on appropriate job websites, reviewing candidates, conducting phone screens, arranging interviews, checking references, verifying salary history details, working with NBD, human resources (HR), and hiring managers to agree upon initial salary negotiations and offers.
The ideal candidate will need to implement effective, timely recruitment strategies, tap specialized networks for a variety of program and support functions, junior and senior level technical postings, build a pool of highly qualified candidates, and rapidly recruit positions for USAID and USG funded programs. The ideal candidate will have experience recruiting for technical positions within the international development industry, managing/utilizing recruiting systems, and implementing strategies for attracting, engaging, and retaining top talent from the international development sector, with a focus on Counterpart’s priority projects. This is a full-time position based in Arlington, VA.
- Work closely with the new business development team, human resources, and hiring managers to develop effective recruiting plans and assess assigned positions to help develop effective job descriptions and candidate profiles that clearly define job specifications, competencies and skills required to fill the position.
- Source, screen, and interview candidates for proposal opportunities, sometimes in difficult to fill locations; including sourcing/searching through social media outlets, using internal referrals and cold calling to source and network with prospective candidates; advertising and sourcing internal and external candidates; screening; interviewing; and evaluating candidates against the agreed position requirements
- Support, as appropriate, current field project recruitment and coordinate closely with the headquarters Talent Acquisition Specialist on sharing candidates/knowledge
- Use sourcing strategies, tools and techniques to identify candidates such as online social networking, traditional networking, Boolean searches, and referrals
- Maintain and manage the Applicant Tracking System (ATS) to ensure integrity of data and compliance with internal procedures; ensure timely production of new hire paperwork, including generating and delivery of offer letters and administration of offer negotiations between candidates and hiring managers, and completion of all necessary HR paperwork to close out recruitment files
- Provide a positive employee experience and superior customer service to candidates and hiring managers
- Review qualified applicant resumes, cover letters, support documentations and screen resumes and credentials in a consistent, objective manner for appropriateness of skills, experience and knowledge in relation to position requirements, and conduct reference and background checks for final candidates
- Adhere to equal opportunity/affirmative action guidelines, federal and state regulations and USAID / USG awards regulations in recruitment efforts
- Prepare shortlists of candidates for the selection committee review
- Support interview logistics for short listed candidates including coordinating interview panel schedules and meeting room arrangements
- Upon proposal award, prepare new hire paperwork for timely submission to the HR team for onboarding
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Minimum of bachelor’s Degree in business administration, Social Science, International Relations or related field or equivalent, plus three to five years of experience, either in international development or high-volume recruitment environments
- Experience using a wide variety of recruiting sources including Internet recruiting, employee referrals, social networks, job fairs, college career fairs, open house events, advertisements, etc.
- Experience with recruitment software such as Ultipro Recruit, LinkedIn Recruiter, etc (iCIMS preferred)
- Outstanding ability to develop and maintain strong cooperative relationships with others within the organization and across all functional areas
- High degree of internal and external customer service, confidentiality and personal integrity
- Demonstrated ability to organize and express ideas clearly and concisely, both verbally, and in writing
- Demonstrated success in sourcing candidates quickly using a variety of methods, including cold calling, social media platforms, networking platforms and job postings in strategic areas
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of OFCCP and AA/EEO regulations
- Knowledge of government regulations, including USAID or other donors, is preferred
- Fluency in French, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Arabic is a plus
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org