The European Cancer Patient Coalition, based in Brussels, is seeking to recruit a Partnerships and Communication Manager.
The European Cancer Patient Coalition works for a Europe of equality, where all European cancer patients have timely and affordable access to the best treatment and care available, throughout their life. ECPC believes that cancer patients are the most important partners in the fight against cancer and against all the cancer-related issues affecting our society. Policy makers, researchers, doctors and industry should recognise cancer patients as co-creators of their own health.
The European Cancer Patient Coalition is an umbrella federation of over 400 cancer patient organisations. The main role of the Partnerships and Communication Manager is to establish and maintain excellent relationships with our Members, as well as organising the Annual Congress. The Partnerships and Communication Manager will report to the Director, and will work closely with the Board who will decide on strategy.
- Building the relationships between ECPC and its Members;
- Managing the ECPC Annual Congress;
- Managing the election of the 2019-2021 Board;
- Connecting the European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO) & the European Medicines Agency (EMA) to cancer patient organisations throughout Europe;
- Managing the ECPC Partnership Database;
- Developing and implementing capacity-building projects;
- Developing and implementing communication and awareness projects;
- Continuing to reinvigorate ECPC's online community;
- Developing and managing traditional and social media;
- Managing a complete redesign of the ECPC website;
- Producing, designing and disseminating the ECPC Newsletter;
- Producing, designing and disseminating the ECPC Annual Report.
- A bachelor degree in a field such as communication or political science;
- At least 2 years relevant professional experience in a similar position;
- Experience organising meetings in the European Parliament;
- Experience organising events with at least 200 registrants;
- Experience in press or other media;
- Experience in non-profit organisations, particularly membership organisations;
- Knowledge of the European healthcare ecosystem;
- Knowledge of Hootsuite, Mailchimp, SurveyMonkey, and Canva;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel;
- Fluent in English, and knowledge of at least one other EU language;
- Understanding of social media in healthcare;
- Understanding of the functioning of the European Union.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communications skills;
- Ability to work in fast-paced team oriented environment;
- Must be well organized with a strong attention to detail;
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and handle multiple tasks;
- Ability to think and plan strategically, and to break projects into defined tasks;
- Demonstrated ability to explain complex issues in plain and effective language;
- Must be able to function as part of a team;
- Can maintain professional and positive demeanour;
- Proven accuracy and attention to detail.
For more information about the structure and governance of ECPC, please see the General Regulations at: www.ecpc.org/about-us/statute.
This is a full time position based in Brussels. We offer multicultural working environment in the heart of the EU district, within an organisation dedicated to promoting the rights of people affected by cancer.
The gross salary is 3500 euro per month, paid 13.92 times per year.
Benefits include electronic meal vouchers, reimbursement of public transportation costs, health care (hospitalisation and ambulatory care) insurance, group insurance, and insurance for accidents at work.
Vacations: 25 days per year to be taken according to the needs of the office.
Please send your detailed CV and motivation letter, not later than 12 November. Please state your current notice period and your availability for an eventual interview between 19-30 November.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org