The WV EUREP office is a Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO) that works to support World Vision’s engagements with the institutions of the European Union (EU). The Brussels office interacts with these groups in pursuit of two main strategic goals:
- To influence key EU decision-makers and political processes so that policies, programs and funding opportunities of the EU positively impact vulnerable children and their communities;
- To promote and facilitate access by World Vision offices around the world to the funding opportunities provided by the EU, the largest single donor for development and humanitarian aid.
To contribute to the optimal functioning of World Vision’s EU representation office, and to the achievement of one of its strategic objectives: facilitation of the development of sustained and increasing EU revenue by European World Vision offices and their partners.
The purpose of the position is to support strengthening WV partnership with the European Commission with research analysis on key funding trends and knowledge management on EU funding opportunities.
- Supports implementation of strategy and team engagement for EU funding with DEVCO and NEAR;
- Supports grants acquisition for DEVCO and NEAR;
- Supports capacity-building efforts regarding EU donors;
- Supports internal and external communication efforts within World Vision and with INGO peers;
- Any other activities contributing to the achievement of WV EUREP Partnerships team’s strategic objectives for EU funding.
- Provides constructive inputs in the development of strategies and annual work plans for the EU Representation; assists in the development of strategic EC engagement plans for World Vision;
- Monitors and analyses funding opportunities and other relevant information at global and country levels;
- Supports the EU Partnerships team in the consolidation and regular updating of grants databases, reports and analyses;
- May assist World Vision Offices with proposal development process to the EC;
- Provides helpdesk support services to national and support offices;
- Supports external engagement with relevant EC services at Brussels level;
- Supports the elaboration of tools for internal coordination, information sharing and quality control of application submitted to the EC;
- Supports the organisation of trainings/workshops around EC grants, for different entities within the World Vision partnership in Brussels.
- Master’s degree – or equivalent experience in development, economics, politics, international relations or a field relevant to World Vision’s mission;
- A good understanding of the functioning of the European Union institutions, development policies, specifically related to children;
- Excellent written and spoken command of English;
- Team spirit and willingness to work in a multicultural environment;
- Able to communicate effectively and to collaborate with colleagues based in all regions and countries where WV works;
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to work at high standard even under pressure, good prioritisation skills and ability to meet deadlines;
- Good knowledge of MS Office;
- Wholehearted support for World Vision’s core values and Christian identity;
- To be a citizen either of an EU member state or have a valid residence and work permit for Belgium;
- Would be assets, but optional;
- Understanding/experience with EuropeAid grants;
- Previous experience in a related field (EU institutions, fundraising for NGOs etc.);
- Good command of French and/or Spanish.
We offer a varied and sufficiently paid internship of 12 months to start ASAP, under Contrat D’immersion Professionnelle, and a working environment where personal development and independent working is encouraged.
To apply please send a copy of your CV and cover letter outlining how you match the job description to [email protected] and [email protected] with the subject line “EU Partnerships Intern” by the 8th of February noon (12.00 PM). Due to limited resources, unfortunately we will not be able to reply to any individual query. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org