The intern will work under the supervision of, and according to priorities set by of the Advocacy and Training Officer – s/he will be part of a team headed by the Advocacy Director – including the following tasks:
- Support the Advocacy and Training Officer, and the Advocacy Director, with the practical and logistic organisation of advocacy activities, including sending invitation letters, setting up meetings, booking hotels, etc.;
- Support the implementation of relevant advocacy activities, including drafting letters and briefing papers;
- Monitor EU, UN activities/calendars relevant to the Euro-Mediterranean region, and inform EuroMed Rights staff and members, e.g. by drafting a newsletter;
- Participate in various meetings, take notes, and prepare meeting reports and minutes;
- Maintain and update the database of advocacy contacts, when relevant in cooperation with the Communication Department.
- University Degree (may be ongoing) in European Studies, Human Rights, Law, Political and Social Science – other degrees may also be considered;
- Keen interest and preferably proven work experience in the protection of human rights, NGOs in the EU/Middle East;
- Fluency in both English and French (oral and written). Applicants who do not match these language requirements will not be considered. Knowledge of Arabic will be an asset;
- Computer literacy in Word (at least basic Excel knowledge is required);
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in writing and orally;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Keen attention to details;
- Self-motivated, well-organised, able to work independently and efficiently under pressure.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org