The Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) is a nonprofit, bipartisan public policy organization established in 1962 to provide strategic insights and practical policy solutions to decisionmakers concerned with global security and prosperity. Over the years, it has grown to be one of the largest organizations of its kind, with a staff of some 200 employees, including more than 120 analysts working to address the changing dynamics of international security across the globe. The University of Pennsylvania has ranked CSIS as the world’s #1 defense and national security think tank, as well as #1 for Use of Social Media and #2 for External Relations.
CSIS’s Office of External Relations (ER) seeks highly motivated candidates for a full-time, paid, four- to six- month internship in a dynamic and fast-paced environment to support Center-wide outreach efforts. Candidates should be motivated self-starters who are passionate about communication. Interns play an active support role in a range of outreach, communication, and social media efforts, working closely with the ER team and other CSIS staff. Additionally, interns support ER-led events and provide general administrative support.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential functions may include, but are not limited to the following:
• Support social media efforts, including drafting content (including short videos) from CSIS materials (publications, events, etc.) for various social media channels
• Support with metrics and analytics compilation;
• Support various long term projects (outreach research, proposal writing, data gathering) for the ER team and Chief Communications Officer;
• Monitor CSIS social media channels, tracking followers, engagement, and site referrals;
• Prepare media advisories and event announcements;
• Support with event preparation and staffing;
• Draft and format ER mailings, and support accuracy of mailing lists;
• Provide general administrative support to the full ER team.
KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION, AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelors’ degree in a relevant field;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to provide strong customer service;
• Strong interpersonal skills and attention to detail and the ability to prioritize, track, and accomplish multiple tasks simultaneously in a dynamic and fast-paced environment;
• General knowledge of international affairs and an interest in the news cycle.
• Previous communication experience and familiarity with social media analytics a plus.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants must submit cover letter and resumé to the CSIS website at https://csiscareers.silkroad.com. Finalists will be asked for writing samples and references. Interested applicants should apply as soon as possible and will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK CONDITIONS:
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee working in an office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org