The SSRC seeks a Program Assistant to work with the Conflict Prevention and Peace Forum.
The Social Science Research Council (SSRC) is an independent, international, nonprofit organization devoted to the advancement of interdisciplinary research in the social sciences through a wide variety of workshops and conferences, fellowships and grants, summer training institutes, scholarly exchanges, research, and publications. For more information, please visit our website: http://www.ssrc.org.
The SSRC seeks a Program Assistant to work with the Conflict Prevention and Peace Forum (CPPF). CPPF works to strengthen the capacity of the United Nations system for peacebuilding and the prevention, management, and resolution of conflict by providing UN decision- makers with access to expert analysis from international academics, practitioners, and others outside the UN system.
- Support program staff with overall administration of the program.
- Organize on- and off-site workshops and meetings. This includes handling logistics including booking domestic and international travel, preparing meeting agendas and other relevant meeting materials, and coordinating and facilitating correspondence with participants and all relevant constituents during workshops and meetings.
- Manage the program’s online presence, which includes managing and updating program web pages and social media accounts.
- Take minutes of complex discussions, and draft event summary notes.
- Process expenditures, including payments for consultants, advisors, and other expenses.
- Work with budgets and financial reports, and process and reconcile expenses against budgets.
- Prepare staff meeting documents on a weekly basis.
- Prepare and draft grant proposals as well as grant narrative reports and financial reports.
- Distribute quarterly reports and program outputs to donors.
- Serve as primary contact for program-related questions and correspondence.
- Maintain and update program data, including donor contact list and donor share site.
- Other duties and additional responsibilities and projects as directed, depending upon interest and capacity.
Terms, Salary and Benefits
Annual salary is $40,000. Comprehensive benefits include health, dental, vision, disability, life, and gym reimbursement; $1,500 annual tuition and/or student loan reimbursement; outstanding pension plan and tax savings programs; generous vacation and sick leave; and more.
- Bachelor of arts or bachelor of sciences degree required.
- Team player with demonstrated ability to take initiative, work independently, and respond flexibly to changing demands.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Attention to detail and high degree of professionalism.
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, Access, QuickBooks, internet search).
- Previous experience with budget and office management preferred.
- Interest in international relations and politics, as well as the United Nations, desirable.
- Foreign language skills (complete fluency in Spanish and/or French) strongly preferred.
This position begins as early as possible, preferably by April 1, 2019. Applications should be received by March 15, 2019, for priority consideration. Applications will be reviewed until the position has been filled.
Comprehensive benefits include health, dental, vision, disability, life, and gym reimbursement; $1,500 annual tuition and/or student loan reimbursement; outstanding pension plan and tax savings programs; generous vacation and sick leave; and more.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org