The Deputy Head of Mission ensures the daily functioning of the mission, is responsible for the successful operation of programs by overseeing and ensuring quality and efficient support services, and reports to the Head of Mission, in whose absence the Deputy may provide interim coverage.
- Administrative/Legal Follow up: He/she is responsible for ensuring compliance of PUI with Nigerian laws and Regulations and is the focal point for all interactions with Nigerian Authorities at Federal Level. He/she is responsible for the registration of PUI with all relevant authorities at Federal level and for the follow up of registration at state level.
- Support to “Out of Borno” and International Procurement: He/she in link with the logistics coordinator and the relevant technical coordinator follows and support the procurement, clearance and shipping of supplies to Borno state PUI bases.
- Support departments oversight: He/She provides oversight of all PUI Nigeria support functions (Logistics, Administration, Finance, Human Resources) and ensures smooth, coordinated operations, finding synergies and improvements where possible.
- Logistic monitoring: He/She ensures that current logistics procedures follow PUI standards and formats, and are in accordance with donor rules and regulations, overseeing and implementing an effective and efficient supply chain.
- Administrative and financial monitoring: He/She ensures that current administrative and financial procedures follow PUI standards and formats, and are in accordance with donor rules and regulations.
- Human Resources: He/She supervises the Logistics Coordinator, Administration/Finance Coordinator and HR Coordinator. He/She ensures that Human Resources department provides fitted human resources on a timely manner, and conduct HR followup in accordance with the local regulations and PUI guidelines
- Security: He/She assists the Head of Mission in analysis and management of mission security.
- Relationship with headquarters: He/She assists the Head of Mission in effectively circulating information between headquarters and the field, and ensures compliance with deadlines.
- Representation: He/She assists the Head of Mission in representing the organization to partners, donors and various authorities.
- Bachelor in International relations, Political Sciences or related field.
- Minimum of 2 years in a core support function; Logistics; Finance; Administration; HR;
- Successful experience in expatriate team management and multisectorial programs.
Knowledge and skills
- Excellent writing skills in English;
- Detailed knowledge of donors (ECHO, OFDA, CDC, WFP, UNHCR…);
- Good knowledge of Lake Chad region/crisis.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org