ISEP is a non-profit organization dedicated to helping students overcome the financial and academic barriers to international experiences: studying, interning and volunteering. Through ISEP, students build real connections and gain a true understanding of what it is like to live in another culture, thereby developing inter-cultural competencies and a global outlook.
Since our founding in 1979, we have become the largest global membership network for student mobility in the world, with 335 member universities in 55 countries.
The Director of Human Resources is responsible for the overall management and administration of ISEP’s Human Resources department. The Director assesses and anticipates HR-related needs, seeks integrated solutions, and communicates proactively with staff on HR topics.
The Director serves as a consultant to Executive Management on HR strategy and HR best practices, and functions as a change agent for the organization. The Director develops and implements workplace initiatives that maximize the talent and productivity of the ISEP workforce in alignment with ISEP’s business objectives.
External: Benefits brokers, vendors, consultants
Internal: Staff, Mid-level Managers, Executive Management
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
· Reviews and makes recommendations to Executive Management for improvement of the organization’s policies, procedures, and practices in workforce management. Proposes strategies for organizational development and effective talent management. (20%)
· Serves as the lead on talent acquisition for all staff positions and maintains the Career page on ISEP’s website. Collaborates with managers on crafting job descriptions, posts open positions, and screens applicants to identify top candidates. Onboards and offboards staff and works with managers on orientation schedules and onboarding protocols. (20%)
· Manages all HR administration, including the organization’s benefits programs, and provides payroll support to the Finance department. Manages relationship with benefit broker and TPA, coordinates annual Open Enrollment, and addresses employee benefits questions. Proposes additional benefit options pertinent to the organization’s workforce. (20%)
· Proactively engages employees to improve working relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention. Communicates openly and frequently, keeping staff informed on benefit resources, organizational events and other pertinent information. (15%)
· Provides performance management guidance to personnel managers and supports them in carrying out their responsibilities on personnel matters (coaching, mentoring professional development, and disciplinary actions). (15%)
· Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Where applicable, conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations. (5%)
· Identifies training needs for business units and finds appropriate training resources. Monitors and evaluates success of training programs. Follows up to ensure training objectives are met. (5%)
· Implements and maintains a human resource information system that meets the organization’s business needs and implements other technology and procedural improvements to streamline the HR function. (5%)
OTHER RECURRING DUTIES
· Maintains in-depth knowledge of changing employment regulations and implements policies, procedures and systems to ensure federal and state regulatory compliance to reduce the organization’s legal risks.
· Maintains knowledge of industry trends and best practices in workforce development and change management. Assesses organizational need and recommends staff development for the organization.
· Develops strong relationships with department managers to identify workforce challenges or talent gaps and collaborates to develop solutions to address them.
· Supports Executive Management in the annual review, preparation and administration of the organization’s compensation program. Provides input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.
· Provides HR policy interpretation and guidance on multifaceted employment matters.
· Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or other relevant subject area.
· Minimum 5 years of HR generalist experience, with extensive exposure to benefit administration, employee relations, performance management, recruitment, HRIS, and training and development.
· Experience in revising or developing new HR policies and procedures to meet changing organizational needs and to support the desired organizational culture.
· Proven record of developing and implementing HR initiatives aligned with business strategy.
· Ability to work independently and to manage the entire HR function single-handedly.
· Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
· Positive outlook, flexibility, and resilience to constant change.
· PHR or SHRM-CP certification
DESIRED ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
· Proactive attitude towards developing HR solutions
· Experience consulting senior management on HR-related topics
· Familiarity with strategic workforce planning
· Experience managing personnel
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their cover letter, resume and salary expectation, with the subject line "HR Director." Please note that this is a 30-hours a week position – please be sure to adjust your salary expectation accordingly. Application deadline: April 13, 2019.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org