The primary purpose of this position is to serve as NASIC's Information Operations (IO) Campaign Team's lead analyst for assigned country.
The organizational location of this position is: REGION THREATS ANA SQ, Wright Patterson AFB, OH.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Conditions of Employment
This is a GG-13 position in the Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS). The GG-13 duties for the "Professional" work category are at the "Full Performance" work level and are equivalent to those at the GS-13 level.
Your resume must reflect the quality level of experience which demonstrates the possession of the knowledge, skills, abilities, and competencies necessary for successful job performance required for this position. Examples of creditable experience include: A Bachelor's Degree or course work in strategic intelligence, international relations, Asian studies, political science, or related field is highly desired, but not required. A Master's degree is preferred. An in-depth knowledge of the PACOM AQR and military operations/planning terminology. Note Creditable experience may include previous military experience, experience gained in the private sector, or experience gained in another government agency.
Click on the following link to view specialized experience for this position:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. A Bachelor's Degree or course work in strategic intelligence, international relations, Asian studies, political science, or related field is highly desired, but not required. A Master's degree is preferred.
2. An in-depth knowledge of the PACOM AQR and military operations/planning terminology.
3. Must have experience in all-source intelligence analysis and production.
4. Knowledge of the national intelligence intelligence community, Joint, DoD structure, organizations, and missions/functions, inter-relationships and operations.
5. Knowledge of advanced analytical principles, concepts, and methods to produce detailed analyses of complex information/situations attained from multiple sources, to include database manipulation.
6. Skill in conducting unbiased complex research, identifying appropriate available systems/data sources, and producing collection requirement assessments that answer specific tasks to link and leverage agency capabilities in support of consumers, customers, and clients.
7. Ability to maintain control of classified material, quickly assimilate data, render knowledgeable and accurate assessments of the implication of such data, and make decisions, estimates, and recommendations under conditions of urgency and pressure based on mature judgment and experience and present and/or defend a position effectively.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
ARE YOU USING YOUR EDUCATION TO QUALIFY? You MUST provide transcripts to support your educational claims. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org