The Executive Director will be responsible for the day-to-day running of the Secretariat.
Among other responsibilities, he/she will:
- Represent the Network in subnational, national and international settings and events, along with the Presidents and Vice-Presidents;
- Strive to implement the political vision with key projects and initiatives of the Network as agreed by governing bodies and other organisational roles; in the best interest of the Network objectives and those of members, associates members and observers;
- Encourage and facilitate, under the supervision of Presidents, the correct and efficient functioning of the governing bodies and other organisational roles of the Network;
- Contribute, under the supervision of Presidents, to the establishment of partnerships with a view to promote and safeguard the interests and objectives of the Network and those of members, associate members and observers;
- Undertake and encourage contacts in order to promote the enlargement of the Network membership base;
- Assist the General Assembly, the Steering Committee, the Political Bureau and the Board of Advisers in the development of their respective tasks;
- Manage the Treasury and the governing of the finances of nrg4SD;
- Submit an annual report of activity of the Secretariat for consideration by the Steering Committee and the General Assembly.
The Secretariat and the Executive Director work under the authority and supervision of the Steering Committee and in close coordination with the Presidents and Vice-Presidents. The Executive Director must have the confidence of the General Assembly.
The day-to-day post entails:
- To coordinate the staff Secretariat of the Network, guiding, supervising and assisting the work developed by the officials, setting objectives per dossiers and per annual agendas;
- To liaise with members, giving individual attention to demands and expectations, ensuring good and efficient communication, ownership and engagement in the Network’s work;
- To develop the treasury management of the Network –including payments, taxes, accountancy with the support of an external accountant, annual balances and budgets, and annual membership fees payment- and related legal requirements;
- To inform Presidents regularly about the on-going management of the Secretariat and key decisions, ensuring transparency and collective decision making;
- To seek partnerships with organizations or companies towards project proposals under funding or co-funding, and identify and engage with potential donors and sponsors; all aiming at ensuring complementary incomes to the Network aside from annual membership fees;
- To represent the Network at international, subnational and local settings according to the Network’s priorities and annual agenda;
- To enable and be primarily responsible for the development of statutory meetings- Steering Committee meetings and annual General Assemblies;
- To lead the enlargement of members of the Network, seeking new adhesions and re-engaging former members.
- Proven experience as executive officer or similar managerial role;
- Proven knowledge/experience in international relations, paradiplomacy and UN system;
- Proven knowledge/experience in sustainable development and environmental matters;
- Full professional proficiency in English, French and Spanish;
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills;
- Outstanding communication and negotiation abilities;
- Integrity and confidentiality;
- Degree in business administration, law, political sciences, international relations or relative fields.
Starting 1st June 2019, based in Montreal (Canada). Opportunity for a promotion to Secretary General in the course of 2020, after an assessment period of the Executive Director’s activities and pending the final approval of the proposal to upscale the organisation.
Interested individuals in the position are welcome to send their CVs and cover letter with the subject “EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR VACANCY” by 30 April 2019.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org