Vacancy type: Full-time position
Application deadline: 19 August 2019
Duration of initial contract: 1 year (renewable)
Reporting language: Turkish and English
Expected starting date: 1 October 2019
The Federation of Western Thrace Turks in Europe (ABTTF) has currently an opening for a “Coordinator” who will be stationed in duty in its Brussels Office.
- Initiates and coordinates efforts covering the entire span of human and minority rights within the transferred authority from the ABTTF Head Office in Witten, Germany;
- Initiates and conducts studies upon request from the ABTTF Head Office to improve better relations and network at EU institutions and bodies;
- Runs continuous contact and dialog with the EU institutions and decision-makers, members of the EP, international NGOs and the press, and gets appointments from them;
- Participates in meetings/conferences and events on human and minority rights and related themes in Brussels;
- Liaises with the European NGOs and networks;
- Keeps track of EU developments in the field of human and minority rights;
- Participates in information exchange and lobbying initiatives on ABTTF’s advocacy priorities and on minority groups in the EU;
- In coordination with the ABTTF Head Office in Witten, Germany, acts as an internal reference on EU policies, procedures and practices on human and minority rights to the ABTTF Head Office;
- Submits periodic activity reports to the ABTTF Head Office and transfers immediately the information which relates to the Turkish community in Western Thrace, Greece as well as other Turkish minorities/communities in Europe to the ABTTF Executive Board and to the staff at the ABTTF Head Office, and contributes to the development of policies and strategies that shall be implemented by ABTTF;
- Runs the administration of ABTTF Brussels Office in compliance with ABTTF’s statute and Belgian legislation.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Political Science, International Relations, Law, Public Administration, European Studies or closely related field. Master’s degree in the aforementioned fields is preferred;
- Excellent command of Turkish and English. Competent knowledge of French is a plus;
- Competent knowledge of the functioning of the European Union and its bodies;
- Improved ability for communication, coordination and group work;
- Possession of a permanent residency and employment permit for Belgium.
Interested persons should send their professional resume (both in Turkish and English) along with a motivation letter by 19 August 2019 to [email protected] or
Federation of Western Thrace Turks in Europe (ABTTF)
Phone: +49 2302 913291
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org