Reporting to the Vice-President of Professional Exchange Programs and Legal Counsel, the Director of Placement Programs, at Cultural Vistas is responsible for placement raising, department and program management, immigration oversight of the Inbound placement programs, and supporting the streamlining of business processes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Placement Development -
- Analyze current and lapsed employer data to identify trends and business opportunities
- Identify, reach out to, and close deals with potential partnering organizations
- Development of promotional materials in collaboration with Creative Studio team
- In collaboration with internal stakeholders develop and implement SOP’s to reach organizational sales goals
- Utilize Salesforce and other technologies to track this work.
- Lead staff to operationalize our placement development work.
- Support the creation of scripts, marketing materials, processes with the goal of raising J-1 Intern business
- Receives awarded funded proposal from VP of Professional Exchanges and Legal Counsel and in collaboration with other departments determine the best way to operationalize the program, executing it by the deadline.
- Successfully communicating with funders, participants, internal and external clients, and supervisor throughout entire program
- Attend orientations, fundraising events, promotional activities, and business development meetings
- Responsible for responding and providing support to participants/ funders during times of crisis
- Serve as an J-1 Intern immigration resource to the team, providing clear answers when questions arise
- Serve as back-up for SEVIS entry when necessary
- Leadership and Professional Development -
- Supports ongoing professional development of staff; maintains understanding of professional development needs and interests; actively seeks out opportunities to address needs
- Manages overall departmental budget allocating and tracking resources effectively
- Works collaboratively with staff to support efforts and manage logistics
- Conducts or coordinates bi-monthly departmental training on relevant topics (sales, immigration, software)
- Effectively delegates appropriate assignments to be completed by other staff members; properly monitors assignments to completion, and provides feedback and recognition
- Responsible for staff performance management (formally and informally) in the following:
- o Conflict resolution (proactively addressing issues between parties)
- o Mentorship (providing examples of best practices in various performance areas)
- o Understanding of diverse work and learning styles and respecting them, including intergenerational differences
- o Consistency (ensuring the performance of each staff member is reviewed in a consistent manner)
- Strategic Planning -
- Contributes to strategic development of department within Cultural Vistas, including but not limited to:
- o Collaborating with supervisor to establish goals and objectives, and ensuring the goals and objectives are measured and addressed throughout the year
- o Identify KPIs in collaboration with the VP of Professional Exchanges and Legal Counsel, determine ways to monitor these KPIs
- o Establishing a critical eye for maintaining and improving operational efficiency and ensure that all J-1 Intern Visa compliance requirements are being followed
- o Maintaining organizational fluency in regard to the functions, needs, and operations of all of the programs that Cultural Vistas implements
- o Developing a proactive outlook of how to grow and develop the Program within the overall context of the growth and development of Cultural Vistas
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Strong persuasive communication skills, both verbal and written, including public speaking
- Entrepreneurial, willing to try new approaches and refine when needed
- Ability to use discretion and independent judgement and/or action in evaluating situations and making decisions
- Committed team player with strong record of collaboration
- Excellent task, project and project management skills, ability to set goals and objectives and use appropriate analytic techniques and tools to update projections regularly
- Expertise with program planning, project design and implementation, budget process and evaluation, with the demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple processes and projects
- Responsible for understanding and executing policy as a Responsible Officer (ARO) as it relates to the J-1 visa and Cultural Vistas standards
- Client relationship management and development
- Demonstrated ability in financial management, including planning and administrative responsibilities
- Independent thinker with the ability to manage participant emergencies required
- Ability to work flexible work hours and practice calmness when handling stressful situations required
- Understanding of international business and educational structures strongly desired
- Korean language skills desired
Computer Equipment and Software Experience Required:
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Suite products. Salesforce and SEVIS experience and proficiency a plus.
Education and Experience Required:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Sales, Business, Marketing required, Master’s degree a plus.
- Years of Experience: Minimum of 5 years of international program sales experience. Minimum of three (3) years previous experience in supervisory capacity.
Physical Demands of Position:
- Domestic travel within the U.S. and international travel to Korea 2-3 times per year may be required. Work on weekends, holidays, and evenings may be required.
Please click here to apply.