Hanover Brussels is looking for a talented Consultant with a passion for business and EU public affairs to join its fast-paced environment & energy policy team. The successful candidate, who will report directly to the Head of the Environment & Energy Practice, will be responsible for supporting a broad portfolio of clients.
We require someone who has experience working in the sector, preferably within a public affairs consultancy, and with a deep knowledge of EU energy and environment policies and the workings of the EU institutions.
For the right person this will be an exciting and hugely rewarding role, as you will have the opportunity to contribute to building a market-leading team that provides valued strategic advice and insight to clients.
The Consultant will provide support to the Head of the Environment & Energy Practice in advising Hanover’s existing clients, in the overall management of key client accounts and of junior team members.
They will also participate in new business activity including identification of business opportunities, planning and execution of marketing opportunities and activities, and contributing to proposals and pitches. Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Provide strategic advice to clients and draft bespoke briefings, informed by sector knowledge and broad intelligence-gathering on policy developments;
- Develop close client relationships and drive the timely delivery of client work on multiple accounts;
- Participate and contribute in client meetings and internal account management meetings supporting the Head of the Environment & Energy Practice in reviewing progress, monitoring capacity and allocating tasks.
- Work closely with the Head of the Environment & Energy Policy Practice and Managing Director to build a competitive, best-of-class European energy & sustainability policy team and offer; this entails coaching of junior colleagues and helping to identify and recruit the best talent;
- Support the implementation of the marketing strategy for the Environment & Energy Policy Practice, working closely with the Hanover Director of Marketing;
- Regularly contribute timely and newsworthy articles to the Hanover website and social media;
- Expand personal network and, by extension, that of the Hanover Brussels team through event attendance and relationship-building.
- Proven track record of working in a fast-paced environment, ideally in either a public affairs consultancy/in-house, trade association or European institutions;
- Thorough understanding of EU energy & environment policy;
- Knowledge of the interaction between EU, international and national policy and the business impact that this can have on clients;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Effective time-management and ability to meet deadlines, strong organisational and project management skills;
- Proactive and autonomous attitude;
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills;
- Recognised ability to bring creative flair and ideas to new business proposals;
- Very strong team-working, collaboration and interpersonal skills;
- Appetite to build and expand your network of business, policy and political contacts.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org