IFC—a sister organization of the World Bank and member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work with more than 2,000 businesses worldwide, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in the toughest areas of the world. In fiscal year 2018, we delivered more than $23 billion in long-term financing for developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity. For more information, visit www.ifc.org
IFC’s Partnerships, Communication and Outreach Vice Presidency manages multilateral engagement, donor partnerships and communications – both internal and external – across IFC. The Vice Presidency supports IFC’s business by engaging shareholders and clients from Western Europe, Japan, US, Canada and other Part 1 countries.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Industry and Thematic Communications Officer supports the planning, development, and implementation of effective communications, outreach and risk mitigation strategies for IFC’s global industry Departments, including: Manufacturing, Agribusiness and Services, Infrastructure and Natural Resources, and the Financial Institutions Group. The Communications Officer also supports cross-cutting themes such as gender, climate business, public-private partnerships and digital economy issues. This includes the following specific work areas, performed under the oversight of Senior Communications Officers:
- Writing: Research and write feature articles, op-eds, press releases, briefings, speeches, website content, talking points as well as client-facing collateral and internal staff engagement content. Produce excellent quality materials that need little editing.
- Presentations and Reports: Gathers information needed for presentations and reports, including research using IFC internal databases and external sources, drafts reports and creates presentations.
- Social media: Drafts social media packages, including for Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
- Events: Supports planning, coordination, and logistics, often across multiple teams, for press briefings, IFC-organized industry conferences and seminars, executive missions and speeches, public or broadcast appearances, and other communications-related activities involving external and/or internal audiences.
- Risk management: Supports risk identification and mitigation plans in the context of corporate and operational communication interventions.
- Teamwork: Works within the Global Industry and Thematic Team and across the Partnerships, Communications and Outreach Vice Presidency to deliver high visibility communications, outreach, and multilateral engagement for IFC
- Master’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Political Science, International Relations, Public Affairs, Marketing, Business/Finance with 5 or more years’ experience in corporate communications, international relations, public affairs, political science, or equivalent combination of education and experience. In addition, a degree in Business Administration and/or working experience in Investment Operations will be valued.
- Demonstrated journalistic writing experience, with preference for knowledge of international, development, corporate and investment topics, and ability to translate complex technical topics into appealing and interesting written pieces for the broader public.
- Demonstrated ability to work with industry colleagues and content experts and contribute to strategy development.
- Proven ability to capture trends, case studies, and innovations in communications products in a compelling, easy-to-understand manner.
- Proven ability to think strategically and rapidly analyze diverse information from varied sources and an ability to learn, adapt, and to be innovative as new communications challenges and opportunities arise.
- Self-motivated, creative, excellent organizational skills, proven ability to perform multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Social media savvy and experience working with Powerpoint to create professional-looking presentations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a willingness to work in a team environment.
- Excellent English writing and editing skills.
- WBG Core Competencies for all staff: Client orientation; Drive for results; Teamwork of collaboration and inclusion; Knowledge, Learning and communication; and Business judgment and analytical decision-making.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org