Located at the intersection of business, government, and international relations, Georgetown University’s McDonough School of Business (MSB) develops principled leaders committed to serving both business and society. Through our global perspective, we prepare students to compete in today’s international business environment.
The Program Manager, International Business and Public Policy (PM-IBP) is principally responsible for overseeing all administrative and operational activities related to the successful planning and execution of the Master of Arts in International Business and Public Policy (MA-IBP) program, the first joint program offering between the McDonough School of Business and School of Foreign Service at Georgetown University. Principally, the PM-IBP plays a key role in the planning, preparation and delivery of six (6) modular, week-long residencies (both domestically and abroad) and two month-long online courses for 30+ students annually. This position is actively involved in the delivery of each residency and in providing support for the students throughout the residency. In addition, the Program Manager takes the lead role and travels abroad with at least one of the global residency programs annually, with responsibility for logistics, budget, and contracts, as well as coordination with faculty and students to ensure the best possible experience for each cohort. The position will collaborate with the Directors and Associates of Program Development, Marketing, Finance and Admissions. Reporting to the Associate Dean, Executive Programs, the Program Manager has additional duties that include but are not limited to:
Program Planning and Delivery
Direct all functions required for the successful delivery of and student experience in the MA-IBP graduate degree program, including:
- Managing logistics delivery of program orientation, DC-based modules, online courses, and international residencies,
- Allocating necessary classroom space
- Securing catering and transportation in support of in-person modules
- Overseeing relevant contracts
- Organizing special events, such as site visits to places like the World Bank, IMF and other venues relevant to the curriculum
- Coordinating with faculty to obtain course materials for over 20 courses annually
- Working directly with vendors to obtain high-quality educational materials at the lowest possible cost within tight time frames to ensure all academic materials are available to students in a timely manner
- Managing the program-specific pages on the course learning management system and on the web
- Planning program graduation “tropaia” ceremony and related activities
- Organizing alumni- and community-networking activities
- Collaborating with the Director of Academic Affairs to tailor and deliver student surveys of program quality. Interact with current students (and faculty) to gain their feedback. Analyze student input to develop specific actions for program improvement.
- Maintaining effective email communication with students. Advise and counsel students regarding University and MSB policies and processes.
- Working with MSB and Georgetown offices to develop and implement programs for executive program alumni communication and involvement, enhance integration with other McDonough and Georgetown University alumni.
- Providing Associate Dean with recommendations for program enhancement/improvement. Collaborate with Associate Dean to develop program goals and objectives, metrics for success and planning for future needs
- Monitor and adhere to the budgets for program delivery.
- Investigate and develop new contracting relationships that will improve MSB’s delivery of high quality, high value programs and services.
- Working closely with senior leadership, developing systems and processes as assigned to improve operational effectiveness of Executive Education.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required.
- A Master’s degree in a related field would be a strong advantage (preferred)
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Time management, financial planning, negotiation and budget management skills
- High level attention to detail
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org