Tetra Tech International Development Services headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, is accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates to join our Environment and Natural Resource (ENR) sector at the Staff Associate or Associate level.
The ENR sector leads the firm’s international work in biodiversity conservation, climate adaptation and resilience, sustainable landscapes and forest management, community based natural resource management, fisheries and coastal zone management, and combating wildlife trafficking.
This position is based in either Arlington, VA or Burlington, VT.
What You'll Do:
* Contribute to strategies for sustainable natural resource management that integrate economic growth and governance;
* Contribute to marketing activities and new business development, including conducting scoping trips, identifying new partners and/or clients, and innovative ways to development challenges;
* Assist in proposal preparation: technical approach, staff identification, work plan, partner liaising, and budget development, among others;
* Provide technical assistance either for short-term international assignments or in a home office advisory capacity;
* Support all aspects of project management and contract compliance from start up to close out, as well as client communications; and
* Assist Sector Director in general market analysis for the sector, among other tasks, as directed.
* Master’s Degree in forestry, environmental sciences, natural resource management, climate change, international relations, business or other related field;
* At least 3-5 years of relevant professional experience including work overseas with strong client, supervisor, and peer recommendations;
* Proven excellence in a natural resources management or related field (e.g., forestry, biodiversity conservation, watershed management, geography, community based natural resources management, anthropology/sociology, property rights, human rights, resource economics, climate change adaptation, environmental compliance and management);
* Ability to work in multi-disciplinary, cross cultural teams - in the Home Office and the field - with strong written, oral, and presentation skills;
* Proven dedication to client happiness, through technical excellence of deliverables and/or managerial strengths in scope, schedule, and budget;
* Ability to read, write and communicate in French;
* Ability to work on concurrent projects and activities with patience and integrity;
* This position requires frequent short-term international field work (25%) and
* U.S. citizenship or a valid U.S. work permit is a requirement.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org