Under the supervision of the Director of USG Programs and Partnerships, the Program Quality Manager will:
- Support in providing strategic direction for the design of strategic frameworks and plans, including resource mobilization strategies to optimize the impact of programming interventions in line with regional and ADRA’s strategic priorities.
- Lead where appropriate and contribute to high-quality project design incorporating project management standards and MEAL/MESP methods, appropriate to scope, context and technical requirements of projects. Coordinate planning of activities for particular projects to ensure integration of program interventions and efficiency in implementation.
- Effectively manage team dynamics and staff well-being. Provide coaching, strategically tailor individual development plans, and complete performance assessment for direct reports.
- Contribute to creating and maintaining the proper conditions for documentation of learning opportunities and best practices. Help establish a safe environment for the sharing of ideas, solutions, and difficulties and the capacity to detect, analyze and respond quickly to deficiencies.
- Promote accountability, learning and knowledge management as part of the implementation of the MEAL policy.
- Coordinate with finance and operations staff to ensure appropriate project budgeting and efficient use and stewardship of project material sources.
- Coordinate the identification, assessment and strengthening of appropriate partnerships for US grants and the appropriate application of partnership concepts, proposals, tools and approaches.
- Lead, with support from the USG Programs Director and the Programs Team, in the business development cycle to ensure quality proposals per ADRA and donor standards.
- Coordinate technical assistance and capacity strengthening for project teams and partners in project management standards and related MEAL/MESP, business development and operational activities. Help identify training opportunities, develop training curriculums and deliver trainings where possible.
- Ensure timely execution and organization of project kick-off and close-out and provide support to ensure quality during implementation throughout the project cycles.
- Together with Program Manager and Project Managers, plan the various stages of project implementation and set direction by prioritizing and organizing activities and resources to achieve project objectives
- Conduct frequent field visits when needed to project sites to assess activities and ensure efficient use of resources if needed
- Advise on and assist with project reviews conducted by Country Program Management Team.
- Support the Project Managers to regularly review partnerships with implementing partners and ensure that any issues or disputes are resolved in a timely manner.
- Establish, maintain, and improve active and regular working relationships with donor agencies and ensure the continuation of program delivery
- Supervise the communication and advocacy efforts of the organization with emphasis on the US grants and partnerships.
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
Education and Experience
· Master’s Degree in International Development, Project Management, Business Administration, International Relations or relevant fields.
· Minimum of 5 years work experience in a program management position with progressive responsibilities for an international NGO.
· Good experience in project grants management, including project design, budget preparation, expenditure tracking, monitoring and evaluation, reporting, etc., preferably for projects funded by multiple public donors, including USAID.
· Experience with successful business development activities capturing public and/or private donor funding.
· Excellent English writing and spoken skills.
· Experience engaging partners and strengthening partnerships.
· Staff management experience and abilities that are conducive to a learning environment.
· Experience and abilities in capacity strengthening - developing curricula and facilitating trainings is an asset.
· Experience using MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, information and budget management systems, and knowledge sharing networks.
Travel Required (include percentage of required travel, if applicable)
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: Head of Operations, Senior Finance Manager, Program Manager, HR Manager, MEAL Coordinator, Program Officers, AMC Officers, other sub-regional programming staff, Business Development Manager and Country Programs Manager.
External: Donors, Other INGO actors, local partners, UN Clusters
ADRA Yemen offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive employee benefits package. For further information about ADRA, visit our website at www.adrayemen.org The successful candidate selected for the position will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
Suggested Net Salary Package includes:
Hardship allowances + Living cost +
Medical Insurance + Life Insurance: (ARM) Life Coverage on ASV +
R&R: 14 calendar days every 4 months (R&R Allowance) for expatriates +
ADRA Yemen provides furnished accommodation with Internet and Satellite TV and basic utilities for expatriates.
Other allowances approved by ADRA Yemen polices
ADRA’S VALUES: We uphold the Humanitarian Principles; our key values: Respect Integrity and transparency Communicating openly, clearly, timely and appropriately. Excellence in all activities
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org