The Senior Director of Development is an experienced major gift fundraiser and leader with strong representational skills who partners with the EVP, Charitable Giving and the VP, Leadership Giving to plan and execute a strategic development program to broaden LG's base of principal and major gift support to Catholic Relief Services. These responsibilities extend to the CRS Targeted Leadership Giving Campaign.
The Sr. Director guides and is actively involved in the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of top-tier CRS Leadership Giving donors/prospects. In this regard, s/he collaborates closely with the Sr. Director of Leadership Donor Development, Campaign Director, Director of Principal Gifts and the Director of Donor Relations to provide guidance and recommendations on the strategic direction of related Leadership Giving activities. The Sr. Director of Development also is responsible for coordinating with Overseas Operations on its strategic engagement with Charitable Giving. This includes recommendations for Campaign products and projects for inclusion under the four Campaign Priorities and Campaign Critical, and in partnership with the Sr. Director of Leadership Donor Development, overseas visits by Leadership Giving donors, OverOps engagement through targeted donor visits in the United States.
The Sr. Director is a member of the VP, Leadership Giving senior team and acts on behalf of the VP, Leadership Giving in the VP's absence and as designated.
Roles and Key Responsibilities
- In partnership with the VP, Leadership Giving develop, delivers and executes a comprehensive five-year Leadership Giving plan that aligns with the strategic priorities of Charitable Giving, including Vision 2030 and the Targeted Leadership Campaign. The plan will be forward-thinking, donor-centric, metric-informed by Leadership Giving's Vision statement;
- Develops and implements fundraising engagement plans that meet or exceed personal and Leadership Giving team revenue and metric-informed effort goals.
- Manages a portfolio of 7-10 of CRS' highest rated donors and prospects;
- Partners with the EVP, Charitable Giving, VP, Leadership Giving, Campaign Director, Director of Donor Relations and Director, Principal Gifts, Director of Leadership Donor Development and Campaign Director to support Leadership Giving fundraising activities with the Office of the President, the Executive Leadership Team and Board members. Provides direct support as needed;
- In coordination with Donor Relations, Principal Gifts and LG staff provides strategic leadership to develop and execute individualized engagement strategies for CRS' highest rated donors;
- Builds strong collaborative partnership across Charitable Giving especially with Individual Giving (Analytics, Content & Planned Giving) and Donor Services (Integrated Information Systems and donor database). Contributes to efforts to provide a holistic constituent experience across all U.S. facing divisions including Mission & Mobilization and Marketing & Communication;
- Strengthens partnership with OverOps and inter and intra-departmental collaborations in fulfilling fund raising commitments towards Vision 2030 and the CRS Targeted Leadership Campaign.
- Bachelor's degree in an appropriate area of specialization required, Master's degree preferred;
- Ten years relevant professional development/fundraising experience, with at least three years in leading and managing high performing professional teams in complex organizations/situations;;
- Three to five years of experience working with senior leadership, boards and volunteers
- Demonstrated success in building excellent donor relationships at the Leadership Giving level ($25K+) and Principal Giving level ($500K+);
- Experiential knowledge of international programs.
Travel - Regional travel as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Persuasive, articulate and strategic leader with the ability to work in a team setting as leader, participant and facilitator;
- Strong representational skills demonstrated at the highest levels;
- Ability to provide focus and motivation to a professional staff in a goal driven environment;
- Strong work ethic, positive "can do" attitude, and a sense of humor;
- Exceptional collaborator and creative problem solver;
- Experience in prospect management/tracking as well as developing and executing prospect strategies;
- Exceptional communication skills and outstanding writing competency with an attention to detail;
- Technical skills and computer literacy, including fundraising data base systems.
- Understanding of Catholic Church and its teachings preferred;
- Knowledge of Clearview and Opportunities Management desirable.
The Sr. Director of Development has direct management responsibilities for Directors of Development (currently two) and two Regional Directors of Development. S/he provides guidance, direction and career mentoring to direct reports through the goal and performance evaluation process. The Director reports to the VP/Leadership Giving and works closely with the EVP/Charitable Giving, Charitable Giving leaders & staff, the CEO/President of CRS, Board members and leadership donors and volunteers as appropriate.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org