The International Advance Officer assists the Director, Executive Programs to plan, coordinate and evaluate in-country program visits for UNF/BWF campaigns and teams.
The International Advance Officer reports to the Director, Executive Programs and is a member of the Executive team. The Officer coordinates activities with the Director, Executive Programs and across the Foundation’s programs, campaigns, partnerships, advocacy, and public affairs divisions.
Pre-trip Planning and Logistics
- Serve as a central Foundation-wide project manager from pre-planning through execution and follow up to support up to 4-8 short-term (5-10 days) in-country program visits with a wide array of objectives, outcomes and participants.
- Work across UNF/BWF teams to design trip objectives, budget, deliverables, and monitoring and evaluation plan. Serve as liaison with other internal teams as appropriate in planning, execution, and follow up from trip.
- Manage approved trip activities, including maintaining work plans and budgets, which may include inside and outside resources such as consultants and vendors.
- Work with lead planning team to design itineraries for trips, liaising with in-country and global partners as needed.
- Research and coordinate in-country venues, hotels, transportation services and other logistical elements that meet guidelines and are within budget.
- Develop and manage inclusive post-trip follow up plans, including appropriate outreach back to participants and in-country partners (including UN agencies) and timely execution of trip deliverables (such as videos and photography).
- Develop trip briefing materials and manage communications with internal and external stakeholders prior to and during the trip
- Substantial travel to developing countries.
- In-country logistical and participant management and support to ensure the coordination of day-to-day trip activities.
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Partner with staff members to create standard operating processes (SOPs) and tools to measure and evaluate program visits.
- Monitor and report achievement of targets set in trip plans, reporting progress and any delays or barriers to senior leadership.
- Represent and communicate the foundation’s work to internal and external audiences.
- Communicate and coordinate across internal teams, including programs, campaigns, partnerships, advocacy and public affairs divisions, and external partners to ensure the trip is planned, executed and reported on effectively.
- Conduct training and briefings on travel and SOP updates as needed.
- Other duties and tasks as may be assigned and/or requested.
- Bachelor’s degree required; international or policy-focus preferred.
- Previous experience with travel required; experience managing high-level international trips preferred.
- Demonstrated competence to assess priorities and manage a variety of activities in a time-sensitive environment and ability to excel in meeting competing deadlines with high degree of attention to detail and quality.
- Demonstrated adaptability and resiliency in difficult circumstances, ability to troubleshoot effectively, and develop quick solutions with professionalism.
- English fluency required; additional language proficiency in Spanish or French preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to interact professionally with culturally and linguistically diverse staff, consultants and trip participants.
- Excellent organizational, oral and written communication skills and attention to detail.
- Willingness and ability to travel internationally at least 30% of the time.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle stress.
- Ability to meet regular attendance/tardiness policy.
For full-time, benefit eligible employees, UNF offers an excellent range of benefits, including:
- a choice between two health plans through UnitedHealthcare (PPO or HDHP with HSA)
- dental insurance
- vision insurance
- flexible spending accounts
- 403b retirement savings plan with a generous matching contribution
- group term and supplemental life insurance
- short-term disability
- long-term disability
- health club discounts
- commuter subsidy
- back-up care
- employee assistance program
Additionally, all benefit eligible employees have 12 paid holidays, 20 vacation days, 10 sick days, 3 personal days, and 8 weeks of family leave care.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org