The Operations team at the Belfer Center works directly for the Executive Director and Co-Directors, implementing Center-wide policies, operational standards, communications, and programming. This three person team works closely with the leadership team to execute the strategic direction of the Center.
Reporting directly to the Associate Director for Operations and supporting the Executive Director, the Operations Coordinator works independently to perform a wide range of complex and confidential duties. These include: conceptualizing and executing event series, managing student and professional fellowships, serving as the Center liaison to certain student groups, and supporting the Center’s council of donors and advisors. In addition, the Coordinator provides direct administrative support to the ED or Director of the Center. Please note this is a one year term appointment from the date of hire. This position may be renewed depending on performance and funding.
Who you are:
- Interest and knowledge of policy areas in foreign policy, international affairs, public policy and technology
- Flexible and ready to dive in no matter how big or small the task; able to prioritize and shift between projects in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Energized by building positive, empowering relationships and working with multiple groups – a demonstrated ability to effectively work with a variety of constituencies
- Details are your thing; you are on top of logistics, communications, and scheduling
- Interested in learning how to leverage all available resources (people, systems, technology, facilities) to enhance programming
- Thrive in a high-need-to-know environment where transparency is strongly valued, but also understand and use discretion when working with confidential and sensitive information
- Committed to working on a collaborative team
Why this job is for you:
- You can take advantage of having a view from the largest research center at the Harvard Kennedy School
- Join a group of talented staff, fellows, student, faculty colleagues committed to excellence
- Grow your career here – be exposed to the inner workings of a world-renowned school of public policy and develop your skills and experience
- Experience a truly impressive degree of operational excellence and opportunities for your development
- Coordinates and executes events and event series, such as the Belfer Directors’ lunches or Belfer Policy Chats.
- Manages select fellowship cohorts at the Center, by providing administrative support during the application and selection processes, developing and executing programming, maintaining an alumni database, and serving as the main point-of-contact for fellows.
- Facilitates outreach to student groups, including identifying opportunities for student involvement, maintaining the Belfer student webpage, and developing student-focused programming.
- Supports the Center’s council of donors by tracking payments, delivering invoices, and helping plan and execute an annual meeting.
- Provides administrative and scheduling support to the Center’s ED or Co-Director
- Organizes and implements Center-wide administrative systems and procedures
- May arrange for use of facilities and advise availability of service within and outside the University for gatherings such as conferences and seminars. Uses a pre-assigned event/function budget; assigns and coordinates down, classroom, AV and other facilities on behalf of program; makes recommendations for food and activities for participants.
- May monitor and reconcile budget(s), principally related to student research projects or conferences. Makes recommendations on expenditures towards a defined budget.
- 2 years of relevant work experience in project management, programming implantation, higher education, or related experience.
- College degree in political science, international affairs, public policy, history or related.
- Must have strong writing skills and be able to produce concise research or status update memos for the Executive Director/Co-Director.
- Able to prioritize work under deadlines, the ability to be flexible and agile in high-pressure situations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, SharePoint, Adobe. SalesForce is a plus.
- Excellent communications skills
- Dedicated team player that shows initiative, is a self-starter and works independently
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate complex tasks/events with minimal supervision
- Excellent interpersonal, project management, and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and creatively problem-solve
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org