WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
The Temporary Editorial Coordinator will support the editorial efforts of CNN Digital's commerce initiatives. In this role, the Editorial Coordinator will be responsible researching retail deals and sales, doing light photo and illustration work, programming content into the CMS, and writing and publishing article content. This position will also provide ad-hoc support to other Business Development initiatives related to other special projects. This is an exciting opportunity for a strong storyteller with both images and words who is passionate about shopping content and comfortable multitasking.
- Conduct photo research, find engaging images and crop photos for articles
- Create digital assets for web, social, emails and digital marketing
- Program content from our freelance network into the CMS and become an expert at making articles as engaging as possible
- Apply SEO learnings to all content programmed in the CMS
- Research deals and sales happening around the web for upcoming CNN Underscored coverage
- Write articles for the CNN Underscored website as needed
- Optimize article content, such as replacing products in content that are out of stock, ensuring that all links are tracking properly and that product listings are accurate and up to date
- Experiment each day to boost readership and conversion rates
- Undergraduate degree in Journalism, Marketing, Advertising, Digital Design or related field.
- Internship experience, preferably in editorial, business, or marketing fields.
- Experience creating content/assets for a digital publisher, blog, website or newspaper (must be able to provide 1-3 published work samples as part of the application).
- Experience with buying guides and/or product reviews is a plus.
- Previous experience using tools such as Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Excels at short-term assignments that often require the application of independent judgment.
- Work is subject to supervisory review at regular intervals.
- Operates within the context of defined procedures.
- Must be detail-oriented, organized and have strong communication skills.
- Flawless grammar & spelling.
- Must excel in a fast-paced, results-oriented work environment.
- Must be proficient in MS Office Suite, and comfortable using content management systems.
- Must possess strong creative writing skills and strong analytic skills.