The Communications Writer/Editor is responsible for providing high-quality communications, storytelling and marketing support to programmatic divisions and support units across the company, with a focus on global education development. The Communications Writer/Editor develops compelling stories, marketing materials, multimedia, and other products to promote our programmatic work and advance the goals of the organization. The position regularly interacts with Programs and Business Unit personnel in HQ and the field and collaborates with Communications department personnel.
Reporting & Supervision:
This position is housed in the Communications department, reporting to the Senior Director of Communications.
- Develop, manage, write and edit features and news stories, blogs, marketing material, video scripts, success stories, reports, web and social media content;
- Develop and execute content ideas for use with Creative publications, website, and social media channels as well as strategies for placing Creative content in external outlets;
- Provide ongoing communications support to field offices and programs, as requested, to better promote Creative programs through mixed media outreach strategies (social media, print media, video, website, etc.);
- Assist programs in the development of communications deliverables, including planning of tasks, scheduling and their eventual completion;
- Represent Creative at external events and help support and promote Creative-sponsored events; and
- Travel approximately two times per year to field offices and project sites to produce stories and videos to promote project successes
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, International Relations or a related field;
- Two (2) to five (5) years of experience in communications or journalism;
- Demonstrated ability to produce cogent and compelling written text such as new stories, feature stories, press releases, marketing materials, video scripts and more;
- Demonstrated experience with emerging media, including digital and social media and networking tools;
- Samples of published work, particularly journalistic style text and stories; video experience is a plus;
- Ability to travel to global field locations in support of communications efforts; and
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience working in international development or international affairs, preferably in a communications role, is desired;
- Experience planning, coordinating and carrying out video production, including script writing, interaction with contract videographers and video editors highly desired but not required;
- Video shooting and editing skills desired;
- Experience in Abode Creative Suite, including Premiere and Photoshop;
- Familiarity with WordPress website management system; and
- Proficiency in a foreign language, particularly French or Arabic, desired.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org