PATH is currently recruiting for a Senior Program Assistant who will provide administrative support to the Clinical Functional Area and clinical project teams.
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
PATH has a tremendous track record and technical leadership in vaccine development and introduction and has now created and branded a whole platform approach with significant core funding to be even more agile, responsive, effective, and sustainable in the Center for Vaccine Innovation and Access (CVIA). PATH’s work on vaccine development and introduction encompasses activities including discovery, preclinical development, clinical research and development, process development and manufacturing, regulatory and vaccine introduction. Our portfolio currently encompasses over 25 candidates and vaccines in the following disease areas—Malaria, Enteric and Diarrheal Diseases, Polio, Respiratory Tract Infections and Meningitis, HPV and Vector-borne viral diseases (e.g., Japanese Encephalitis)—and in the cross-cutting area of Maternal Immunization.
- Assist Clinical Functional Area and assigned project teams in distributing and filing correspondence containing complex and confidential communications to internal and external contacts. Where appropriate, draft responses or triage queries or issues to other team members for response. Ensure timely flow of information and materials.
- Work with the Project Manager, Project Administrator, and Project Lead to track donor and programmatic project management outputs such as work plans, milestone trackers, dashboards, and timelines in Smartsheet tools.
- Provide administrative support in the proofreading, formatting, and document management of proposals, reports, work plans, and other documents. Create review timelines for key documents with multiple collaborators. Compile reference lists for manuscripts and other externally facing documents.
- Coordinate and manage travel arrangements for the Global Head of Clinical and other Clinical sub-functional leaders as requested.
- Serve as the SRC Coordinator including calendar maintenance, meeting and timeline logistics, and the facilitation of protocol package reviews and follow-up.
- Assist with completion of administrative forms as required, including travel forms, check requests, meal conference forms, etc.
- Manage scheduling and planning of meetings, including compiling and organizing relevant background materials, preparing agendas, drafting and distributing minutes, and monitoring follow-up activities such as decisions, action items and risk management.
- Ensure that logistics for meetings, workshops, and other events are arranged. This includes preparing meeting materials, arranging web conferences using appropriate platforms, making catering arrangements, making room reservations, maintaining participant lists, and assisting with guest arrangements.
- Ensure that the Clinical Box platform, Smartsheet, and any other electronic and paper filing systems related to the Clinical Functional Area are in place and are regularly maintained. Serve as the primary point of contact for team members to file and locate key project documents.
- Serve as member of the CVIA’s administrative team to ensure smooth coordination of team schedule and project activities among the different offices. Provide back up for other CVIA Program Assistants.
- Bachelor's degree plus a minimum of one year of directly related administrative experience.
- Studies or work experience in the life sciences and experience with science-related terminology and concepts required.
- Articulate communicator, excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Proficiency in application of Microsoft Office Suite with an emphasis on proficiency in Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint.
- Experience using Smartsheet and Box or other cloud-based document management systems preferred.
- Proven success drafting, proofreading, and editing documents.
- Extremely detail-oriented, with the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, and a proactive nature.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a multi-site organization and a team-based structure.
- Proven effectiveness prioritizing competing demands and remaining flexible and adaptable with changing priorities.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the United States.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org